2 things too ashamed to tell the wife

gibby214

After years of broken items, the worst of which my '91 Clapton Strat( still crying), I turned over a new leaf. I installed a punching bag in my garage. It does wonders for the occasional fit of rage! Since I divorced my first wife three years ago, I don't need to use it as much. It's quite comforting just knowing it is there if and when I need it. But for the occasional bad day at the office, the tourist in Vegas traffic or the smart a** cashier, I get a sense of releif that can only compared the real thing. I also find that it helps to volcalize explitives with each blow. Nothing like a good solid punch brought from hell with a solid F U behind it to get it all out and there is nothing to clean up when you get done. Seriously, afeter about five minutes on the bag, you'll forget why you were mad and just want to sit down and have a beer.

Patrick,

Point taken. But I think I see a problem. Giving someone with that much anger a set of aggravating Blose speakers could be setting up a societal disaster. Who knows, after listening to that he might climb up a tower with a rifle. Klipsch makes many models and for those with a violent temper the Khorns are a better selection. (Actually, I think they are a better option for a lot of other reasons but that is a topic for another day.) After all, people with a bad temper or in a bad mood probably need good quality soothing music more than the rest of us. The Khorns will take the inevitable abuse prior to the soothing music taking hold much better than the RB75s. As John Cameron Swayze used to say "They take a licking and keep on ticking!"

I also noticed that my math was incorrect in my earlier post. It should have read 120 anger incidents not 100. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Mark, your logic is compelling, so I stand corrected. None-the-less, it still seems a shame to be throwing things at Klipsch.

Hey, maybe we should see if Colterphoto or Indyklipschfan have any extra INDUSTRIAL-strenght klipsch products. We know that they are darn near indestructible. His aim being what it is, we could even paint a bull's eye on the front of it.2.gif

Another issue I see is this reluctance to tell his wife about this. I can't fathom that any other forum member would even dream about keeping their spouse "in the dark" about our acquisitions, the upgrades, the rare negative effects of an errant telephone, etc. Just boogles my mine!

Why, the next thing ya know, people will be sneaking stuff in while SWMBO is in the shower. Oh, it is a slippery slope!!!!2.gif

Wow, so much anger here.....why can't we all....just...get along?

There are psychological tests that measure the intensity of angry feelings, how prone to anger you are, and how well you handle it. But chances are good that if you do have a problem with anger, you already know it. If you find yourself acting in ways that seem out of control and frightening, you might need help finding better ways to deal with this emotion.

Psychologists now say that letting anger rip is a dangerous myth. Some people use this theory as a license to hurt others. Research has found that "letting it rip" with anger actually escalates anger and aggression and does nothing to help you (or the person you're angry with) resolve the situation.

It's best to find out what it is that triggers your anger, and then to develop strategies to keep those triggers from tipping you over the edge. Protect your loved ones, Klipsch, Bose, or Wife.....my friend get help.

6.gif