Selling Entire System

mapletree ultra 4A (PRE)$550 +$20 shipping

dec-685 Cd Player $550 +$30 shipping

dynaco st-70 $600 +$40 shipping

The ST70 is completely rebuilt and redesigned with the Curcio board, upgraded power supply, and Auricaps. I have an extra rectifier tube, which I'm throwing in with it.

The Mapletree Ultra 4A SE is the very first SE that NosValves designed from

Mapletree standard 4A product. It has Auricaps and upgraded power supply.

If I remember correctly the preamp has dual outputs to hook to 2 amps. The middle two tubes on the preamp are metal instead of glass, have a grounding wire attached to them & an o-ring around them, which makes the sound clearer.

Dec-685 comes with NOS Tube & standard ruby tube. Retails for $700, mines about 7 months old, sounds great. Perfect condition!

The entire system sounds awesome! I love hifi audio, I just don't listen to it much, because theres no one around here who enjoys listening to it with me. And I don't like listening by myself. I bought the system around last july/septemeber. I've listened to it for maybe 50-60 hours. I'm going to reinvest the money into a home theater *sigh*. I have people that I can enjoy that with. I've put this moment off for months, because I love it so much.

I also started making some cat5 speaker cables

http://www.venhaus1.com/diycatfivecables.html

I braided two, which took about 12 hours. Each cable is about 6 foot in length. All that needs to be done is strip the ends off & crimp on the connectors. I will sell them for $100 bucks, which less than what I paid for the materials if I remember correctly.

I'll sell the system as a whole or individually. I'm hoping someone will buy it all from me at once, but if that doesn't happen in a couple days, I'll part it out. I wrote down all the tubes in the system just in case anyone is curious. The Dynaco has well over $200 dollars worth of tubes in it :P

Sorry for posting on a forum not for sale items, but this is the only place I've ever gone for hifi stuff & where I bought both of the amp & preamp from.

----------------

On 7/13/2005 5:45:52 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

cat 5 ...

and a tube amp ..

not a happy combo .........
6.gif

----------------

i remember braiding cat5 cable. in the end, the blisters on my fingers sure didn't make anything sound better...

Amen to that. I have a set of 6' braided cat5 teflon cables. What a pain. Now I've got two lengths of 14ga zip wire. Sounds great. I've still got the "audiophile" CAT 5 though.

$100 for 2, 6 footers? Let me know if you get a buyer! How (why) did you pay over $100 for a few lengths of teflon CAT5?

Why are these cables and tubes a no-no?