OT: Went to a concert in an outdoor tent

mandi

Went to a concert at the AMP in Fayetteville, http://www.arkansasmusicpavilion.com

We were in RFR and the sound was not good. It was loud but not very clear at all. While the warmup band was playing I walked around to find the best spot. I may get tickets to 38 special. I think the best spot sonically was right behind the sound mixing crew, hmmm imagine that, but then you had a hard time seeing the band. If you moved further back the sound was still okay and it was cooler since you are out from under the tent but if it rains you are in trouble. The main group (Third Day) had a hard time with feedback, I wonder why that was?

----------------

On 7/17/2005 10:46:47 AM mandi wrote:

The main group (Third Day) had a hard time with feedback, I wonder why that was?

----------------

Prob cuz it was Third Day...6.gif I got to mix at a concert with Third Day playing (not for them though, but same system) and I can totally see why they were having issues, but perhaps we shouldn't go there as I might be stepping on some toes. 2.gif

btw, what does RFR stand for? Rear far right? If so, that prob explains your problem.

----------------

On 7/17/2005 1:03:25 PM DrWho wrote:

----------------

On 7/17/2005 10:46:47 AM mandi wrote:

The main group (Third Day) had a hard time with feedback, I wonder why that was?

----------------

Prob cuz it was Third Day...
6.gif
I got to mix at a concert with Third Day playing (not for them though, but same system) and I can totally see why they were having issues, but perhaps we shouldn't go there as I might be stepping on some toes.
2.gif

btw, what does RFR stand for? Rear far right? If so, that prob explains your problem.

----------------

Lemme venture a guess, they jump around and stick the mics into the monitors like idiots?

M

lol colter, Third Day is one of those Christian genre bands...My overall impression is that they are simply inexperienced. You know, one of those bands that will sound decent on a recording, but don't have that certain stage presence. There was also no synergy at all between them and the sound guy...kinda like both ends of the chain were doing their own thing and ignoring each other.

Btw, a lot of my peers are big fans and go to see them live all the time and they all think I'm crazy, but we're all entitled to our own opinions 2.gif I do like a few of their songs though..."saved" from the offerings album and "Alien" from the conspiracy no. 5

Yes, I actually wondered if the sound folks were always the same. I agree that their recordings are ALOT better than the live performance. But, it was also a spur of the moment stop I think. One of the members showed up five minutes before they went on stage due to a delay in flight. Oh well, it was fun.