db spl

dtel

• Moderators

ok no one was home, so i took out the rs spl meter. I read a while back about different levels people perfered went back and could not find it. So i put on a music dvd, eagles latest , to check what i normaly listen at it turns out i like it around 100 to 105 db,for short periods of time.

With meter set to slow-c the reading is 100db with the reciever set to -29 with the reciever set to -16 it's 110db and very loud. < yamaha rxv730 >

The songs that i played were and < dirty laundry > the both have a good bit of bass does that raise the the reading more than something whith less bass?

Does this volume sound way out of the average , i have been called half deaf but i think it is more in the higher freq. It really don't sound right till around 100db, I never claimed to be normal.

cood call Crazy! You and DrWho should talk- that's what he's in college for!

Also, I don't run so much as a lawnmower or skilsaw without proper ear protection also. You wouldn't believe how much damage just normal home power tools can cause.

Michael

• Moderators

Thanks Colterphoto1 the 110 was just to see where it was on the reciever, could never listen like that. I will keep it down to not cause problems, and i do wear norton ear phones for protection when cutting grass or weadeating or anything loud to save what hearing i have left. If the family is home i am luckey to get it to 80db, it would have to be a song they really like.

Also Colter if i diden't respect your opinion i would not read and believe what you say,you are one of the people here you can trust, you always try to help. Anyway look around your house you have a big enough collection to know what you are talking about.

I feel like i should get a price from you when looking for speakers! A while back I had thought about asking if any were for sale no joke .