4.1 wires

robertfel

I've read about many problems with the wires. I have to keep playing with the wires to get sound, even though I didn't move them in the first place.

I tried cleaning the plugs as described; the problem persists.

I'm not comfortable messing with solder and such. And of course I don't want to void my warranty.

Should I request that you send me new wires? Will that help?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

the problem is actually not the wire. it is the connecter that goes into the back of the sats. what you can do is go to like a radio shack and get 4 solderless mono jacks to fit in those holes. you can attach them w/o soldering, just screw them on. if i were you i would get some16-18 guage wire with that.

if you go there and get enough wire to make your system have none of the old wires, from sub to the sat, and you get teh 4 solderless mono jacks, radio shack will put the soldeless jacks on for you. they did for me. even though it is really easy.

you do no really need the new wire but a lower guage gives you thicker wire which in MY HUJMBLE OPINION helps the sound. many ppl woudl agree with me and then many would disgree about the soudn quality.

Good Luck!

Oh yeah.. the thing with the mini connecters is this, they are not gold played and so the connection is not great, they are aluminum i think... make sure you are gettnig ht gold mini connecters, this will not cost you much money at all... only a few bucks if you do not et the new wire.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

about the warranty.

you void teh warranty when you buy from unauthorized dealers, open the satellites or the sub, change anything with internal parts. if you do some serious physical stuff like shaking them in a paint mixer... you know, stupid stuff.

changing external wires like those from the subwoofer box to the satellites or changing to different mounting stand, eg. normal stuff, the warranty is not voided.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/