FS: Teac A-L700P Tripath Amp (slightly modded)

meuge

This is the infamous A-L700P digital amplifier, based on the Tripath chipset. The amp is in mint condition, only a couple of months old, with barely 10-20 hours of playing time on it. It is unsurpassed in terms of price/performance ratio.

It has been lightly modded. The 2nd 2-channel board (center) was removed (never saw any current), and the volume control pots were bypassed, to give a cleaner output, directly from the amplifier board to the 5-way binding posts.

I will ship the center channel board along with the amp, so you could add the center channel back, or make a whole new 2-ch amp at your leisure.

I paid $109 plus shipping for this baby, but I'll part with it for $75 plus exact cost of shipping, which won't be much, given its light weight.

----------------

On 7/22/2005 12:58:37 AM Erukian wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, why are you selling it? Find something better?

That's a damn good deal.

-Joe

----------------

Well, this was my tentative step into the world of digital amplification. It was meant to be a way for me to have an inexpensive look/see. Originally I meant to use it to build a relatively inexpensive but good system for my parents... but since they do not seem to want one any longer, I cannot justify keeping it, since it really cant go toe-to-toe with my 200W, 50+lb B&K monster. I need to sell this amp as part of my selling-off spree to finance the purchase of a Sunfire Tube Preamp.

So it's entirely possible that my coveted Aragon 28k will be up for grabs in a few weeks... if the Sunfire lives up to its hype, that is.

P.S. I think I could probably get slightly more for it, because it's modded as well (albeit not significantly), but I know that it only took me 5 minutes and a few cents' worth to do these mods, so I'm giving the forum members a chance to grab it at a good price.