Why in the royal hell is my speakers playing when its off?

Why in the royal hell is my speakers playing when its off?

I just noticed that i had winamp running and i shut off my speakers and i went upstairs for a little bit when i came downstairs i heard this very soft tappping sound to my right. I put my ear up to the speaker and i can hear the speaker! I even turned the control pod all the way down and i still hear it. I turned it all the way up and it gets louder. I turned on the speakers and it came out like normal sound. THis is happening to all 4 speakers.

These speakers are pissing me off.

I just noticed another thing. I took a flashlight and looked through the grill on my sub, and The left speaker isnt moving nearly as much as the right. If my left one is broken and isnt moving on its own, can the right one push it back and forth? Is there anyway to tell if my left one is fried?

This is seriously BS. I Bought the speakers, the AMP fried within 5 months of using it, had it repaired for like 50 bucks. 3 months later the left speaker dies. Took *3* months to receive a new speaker from klipsch. Now not even a month later I hear my speakers playing when its not even on, and I think my left sub went out. WTF is going on with this crap. I hardly ever use it. Maybe a 5 hours a week (because I work nights.) And I keep my sub's white dots lined up and I never push it past 50%

i leave mine on 24/7 for almost 2 years with no problems and yes your sub is most likely blown open the back and ohm the speaker thats playing (disconect the leads from the speakers befor checkin resitance ) then check the other they should read the same and yes the good speaker when playin will move the blown one

Hey Trigger , A few days ago I started noticing a hum coming from my mains and surrounds . My system has been in place for many years without a problem . I checked my grounds and cleaned all my connections and still the problem persisted . Today on a whim I plugged my power strip into a different wall outlet and Shazam no more problem . Might be worth a try . 10.gif

If you're going to throw them away, I'll take them!!!

Actually, you'd be better off calling Klipsch. It sounds like you have a blown woofer and maybe a bad mute switch. They can repair these for you.

Sound still comes out of my speakers with the mute switch but it is VERY hard to hear, and only comes out when the volume knob is high enough.

Im not spending anymore money on this system.

I tried differnt outlets and in a different room - same problems.

I opened up the amp and unpluged the leads from the one that I thought was working and they both seem to be working. Why the left one sounds weakers I dont know. Them seem the same when I only play one at a time?

And no I will not give them to you, its not worth the shipping.

PM Amy or call Klipsch. I'm sure they can help you out, maybe ship you something to remedy your problem. Is it under warranty?

Other than that, if you're going to just throw them away (which you should not. Invest a little time and fix the problem, and you'll be happy), I would be happy to take them off your hands. I could surely use the parts for my subwoofer project.

Shoot, me too, ill even pay the shipping for you! And why did you spend $50 dollars to get it repaird after 5 months, it should be under warranty. Oh and whoever repaired it for you, did they tell you what was wrong with it, specifically....not just this common "blown amp" that I hear people throw at PM speakers all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Living in my previos appartment, not far from a radio tower, my speakers used to pick up radio sounds, most noticeable when they were off.

I'd be interested if you have any specifics with what is wrong with your amp, as it might relate to a problem I am having, too.