Onkyo TX-NR1000 THX Ultra 2 Network A/V Reciever

IndyKlipschFan

Saw this HUGE thing at Frye's electronics in the big HT room. (It was way too loud.)

Also saw the DV- SP 1000 DVD/CD player.

I took some literature Both units THX Ultra II speced out I was very impressed. (MSRP 4,999 for the Reciever, 1,999 for the DVD CD player.)

I had always heard from my friend that lives in Japan, that some of the high end electronic products over in Japan e.g. cameras, phones, and high end audio for some reason never make it here. He said Onkyo is a very well respected name there... I said Onkyo was here in the 70's and 80's but I was not too aware of it today, that is until I saw this unit Sunday. I was pretty impressed.

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=TX-NR1000&class=Receiver&p=i

Just wondered what you thought too?

I have had the TX-DS797B for a little over 4 years now and it is one of the best recievers I have ever heard. At the time I was looking at the 989 ver2 but it was a little out of my reach. Wish I could have bought that one but am happy with mine. Do yourself a favor and see what it would sound like in your system. I don't think you would be dissapointed. Cheers.

The TX-NR1000 is an effort by Onkyo to get back into the flagship market. Its claim to fame is that it is upgradable. Its modular construction is similar to a computer, but Onkyo would be the only source of upgrades.

If Onkyo makes good on the upgrades, they will gain market share. However, the receiver lacks a good amp section from what I have read. For a receiver, it is good, but it won't keep up with a good separate amp.

Bill