Hissing Sound??

papachulo10

I just bought the Klipsch 4.1's dumping my "crappy" FPS 2000's for something with more power. Well i just hooked it up and i have realized that the controll pod and the rear speakers hiss. They still work but there is a hissing sound when ever sound is put through them. Can anyone help me?

1 GHZ T-Bird

32 MB Geforce 2 MX

512 MB PC-133 RAM

Santa Cruz Sound Card

------------------

"War ain't, war just isn't what it used to be."

Ok, you say you have a hiss... but form the control pod? you mean the speaker withthe control pod correct? that control pod can be put on ANY speaker just FYI.

So, you have three speakers that have pink noise right? and your control pod, does it have a headphone ouput on it? if no, then you have the v2.400 model of the ProMedia. the one that started it all. What you can do is if it is a year or younger, email amy and tell ehr you need a replacement Control Pod for a v2.400. That will cost you nothing. If you do infact have a headphone output on the control pod then you have a true ProMedia 4.1. Your control pod is called teh CP-1. then you would ask for a replacement CP-1.

Now, say you have teh v2.400's and you would really like to have a headphone output, and an input for say an MP3 player and an on/standby switch... well then tell her you have a v2.400 system and you need to get the CP-1 for $50. it is an upgrade so it is not free. If you have the money i woudl buy teh CP-1, that is if you have teh older model, aka the v2.400.

if you need anymore help, just let me know. amy's email is below.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

well, Dan F said that ppl that have that hissing may benefit from having a new control pod. will not cost you anything, just email amy. i do not really know what could cause this other than a bad pre amp. check your wires to that speaker from the inputs in teh sub to the inputs in teh speaker. good luck.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

• Moderators

Do the speakers hiss when the computer is turned off? If not, the source of the hiss is likely in your PC. Try muting any devices that you're not using (CD Audio, Mic Input, Line In..)...also try moving your soundcard to a different slot away from devices in your computer.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Well it only hisses when you turn on the computer (especially in the Windows bootup sound). I;ve kinda run out of options. I will move my sound card to a diffeent slot maybe that will help. I don't think it is the speakers because i had the FPS 2000 before and those crackled.

------------------

Please can anyone help me? I m getting desperate. I m thinking about dumping my santa cruz and buying and audigy but i have a VIA chipset so i don't know how that will work. WEll if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this i would like it.

------------------

i would get the Acoustic Edge, only $79. if that does not help then there is somehting wrong with yoru computer, eg the motherboard has interferance with the PCI slot.... whatever.

------------------

-justin