Military Deals on Klipsch

Bill H.

FYI- If anyone out there is retired military or in the reserves. You can purchase Klipsch speakers at the AFFES store, from what I can tell they have great prices. They don't carry every model, but the ones they have, seem to have Super prices. Thought you'd like to know. Bill

------------------

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Bill,

I was first introduced to Klipsch at our BX at RAF Lakenheath England. At that time, about 7 years ago, Klipsch was only offered overseas. I absolutly fell in love with the La Scalas, but only had enough cash for the Chorus IIs. The La Scalas moved me like never before, and although they don't go super low, I could feel the bass physically pounding on my chest. I have enjoyed my Chorus IIs, and about six months ago I finally aquired a set of La Scalas. I would love to demo the K-horns! As far as the priceing goes, I think I paid about $750 for the pair. They were priced higher, but since one had a small chip in the veneer, I got a 20% discount on them. The La Scalas were about $1150. If I could find them new today for that price, I would buy two or three more pair for a complete La Scala surround system. Only problem would be there would be no room for a couch in the living room.

Happy Hunting- Klipsch On!

------------------

Thanks,

Bill Dillon

Mains: LaScalas

Center: KLF C7

Front Effects: None Yet

Rears: Chorus IIs

Rear Center: None Yet

Sub: Velodyne CT150

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

DVD: Sony 560D

TV: Toshiba 61" 61H70

Bought my first pair, Klipschorns to be exact, in 92, through the American PX in Frankfurt, to the Canadian Kaserne in Lahr Schwarzwald(extinct now), paid DM 3999.99 at the time..$2450.00 cnd...you convert it!

In the "original" shipping crates.. Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 09-26-2001 at 12:53 AM

The first time I got to see Klipsch in person was in 1986 at the Navy Exchange in Guam. For $800 (special at the time, regular price was around $900), you could take either La Scalas or Cornwall II's. I wanted to take those La Scalas with me so bad, but their size and weight prohibited me getting them back to the mainland. I did get Cornwalls five years later, but I never stopped thinking about the La Scalas. I dreamed about them for years. Fourteen years later, I got exactly what I dreamed about, stained/finished La Scalas with front grills.

Hello boomer9911

I hope you are able to sleep well at night considering what you paid for your first set of KHORNS. Those HORNS,(one capitalises when referencing Deities Old Boy!!)are even more efficient than my K30's thus I sure as Hell know where the name Boomer comes from!!

My wife has chewed my hindmost parts about being able to hear them from a block and a half away when I have been driving them with a relatively small amount of power,(admittedly with a huge reserve available for peaks <HUGE GRIN> - They want it - I've got it Wink.gif

I am not given to spiteful comment and if anyone says that I said I hope you blow an eardrum with those,(Wait for it!! Wait for it, Chorus of Angels HORNS -- Well dey nebber heard them before!! :D

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)