Klipschorn documentation

anarchist

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my excitement. I went yesterday to make the arrangements to pick up my Khorns. I also managed to pick up the original documentation that came with them (1976), along with brochures on the Klipsch line (1976), the price list for 1974, and the little paper tag that came with them specifying the finish. The guy who purchased them really took matters to heart - the documentation has been kept in mint condition and it is too cool to travel back in time and read the material Klipsch put out back then. I swear you can read the material and get emotional. You could simply feel the passion Klipsch had for its speakers, company, music, and dealers then.

Edit: I don't know how my post ended up in HT, I must have been delusional. Amy, think you could move it to two channel as appropriate.

Indy, don't have a scanner to generate the images. I assume that is what you would like right?

Anyone want to know how much Khorns costs in 1974? Better yet, those Belles which are going for beaucoup bucks... want to know what they were going for?

...he smiles as he leaves the teaser out there.... oh the torture.

Off the top of my head, Khorns were 1040 or so and Belles were 850. The documentation is in my car at the moment as KHORNS ARE IN THE HOUSE!

Now I may be a neophyte compared to you longtime Klipschorn guru's but the last two hours have convinced me of one thing. I LOVE these speakers. Granted I couldn't wait so they didn't make it past the living room and are currently sitting in the middle of the room about 18 inches from each other and they are STILL freaking incredible. I am jonesing about how good they will sound when actually stuck in the corners in the appropriate room.

All my previous comments about how great Heresies, KG4's, or anything else are can be disregarded. Khorns are simply unbelievable. They fill a room like nothing else I have ever heard - hell they are filling my entire house and doing so effortlessly and my Consonance is barely running a temperature.

Speaking of which, I am now very impressed by my Consonance and the Toshiba 4950 even more; they are dead silent on the Khorns at any volume. I can't say the same about certain recordings on CD however. That background noise on certain CD's is damn annoying.

These are indeed the speakers which were initially offered on Ebay. While watching the auction one day, they simply disappeared. Dismayed, I called the company selling them, discovered they had lost their ebay account and summarily negotiated their purchase without them needing to be relisted. I thought I paid too much but I am impulsive and the thrill of listening to them is worth every penny.

Have to go be thrilled some more. Christ, I don't know if I can sleep tonight.