Man! These Klipsch's

clandeggen

It took me along time to make the deceision to get the Klipsch, I almost did not get them as from what I read from these forums, there was a lot of problems. What changed my mind was I think it was what Juston_TX_16 said something about out of a 100,000+ units sold, there is just a few are FUBARed.

That goes about with anythong sold in that many numbers, Take cars for example or even Aircraft as I seen reliable ones and lemmons.

I was going to get the 2.1s but best buy was sold out

and I said, what the heck, got the 4.1s.

Oh my God! these things are as good as my sound rigg with Accoustic Research (ARs) Speakers!

I was very carefull in hooking up these units, followed the manual to the letter and made sure the wires are not crossed at the sub woofer (If you cross them, you'll blow the amp for sure, sort of makes you wonder).

I'm a very happy camper, just might retire my sound rigg!

IMHO I think the Kilpsch and the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card were made for each other.

The last mod on my puter is speaker wire replacement.

Cheers

Gentlemen, this is what happened to me many moons ago,

I had just bought a Sansui Amp and was hooking up my speakers(That was about the first time I ran across spring terminals) and did not seat the wire all the way in, some how the bare wires had crossed and hosed my output transistors on power up, the protection circuit did not kick in. This was way back in 78.cwm36.gifI lived and learned.