rf-7 woofers question

tglahn17

Hi, everyone,

I got a new pair of RF-7s about a month ago. They sustained some damage in shipping. At first, I thought all of the damage was cosmetic. I've had a hard time trying to balance these speakers. I just noticed that one of the 10" woofers (the bottom one) in one speaker is dead. I can't hear anything coming out of it. Are you supposed to hear the identical thing coming out of both woofers in one speaker? In the speaker where I can hear something coming out of both woofers, the music coming out of the bottom woofer is not as loud as the music coming out of the top woofer. Thanks,

I would pull out the dead woofer and check that the wires are connected to the terminals properly. I bought a new pair of RB-75's that had a loose wire on one woofer. As far as the different sound from the top and bottom woofer, I will leave that one to the experts.

tglahn17,

Be careful removing the RF-7 woofer. Those drivers are HEAVY and the mass is toward the rear so the lower front of the speaker will want to jump out of the box as the lower screws are removed. The speaker could easily fall and the cone punctured or dented from the back. Also, the surrounds are very soft.

Leo