Lexicon, Eico and lots else for sale...

sfogg

I need to clean out some 'surplus' equipment. I figure a lot of this won't interest people here but thought I'd give the forum first dibs anyway before I list it elsewhere.

Lexicon DC-1 THX, Dolby Digital model with v4 software. v4 was the last version of software for the DC-1. This is what got me hooked on music in surround in the first place. Music Logic works extremely well for expanding two channel music to three, 5 or 7 channels. Also has several other modes including Panorama which is along the lines of Carver's Sonic Holography but more advanced. Works with 2 or more speakers as well. Has the option of using subwoofer with full crossover control for those that wish to integrate a sub into their systems. It is also a very good home theater processor for those that would like to do double duty in their systems. There have been a few threads about the DC-1 hear a few months back. Have remote but not the original box or manual. I have a MC-1 manual which I'll include (setup on the DC-1 is identical) and the DC-1 manuals can be downloaded from Lexicon's site if desired. $600. In very good condition.

http://www.lexicon.com/products/overview.asp?ID=12

Eico HF-81. I traded someone for this around 7 years ago but then never used it. I have never even fired it up. Since I haven't gotten around to rebuilding it 7ish years it is time to let it go. I did give it a quick glance over and replaced one resistor that had it's lead snapped but didn't do anything more then that. It looks like it had been mildly worked on at one point as some of the resistors don't match and there is a couple of newer wires in it. I can test the tubes if desired. In nice shape overall though it wouldn't hurt to clean it up a little more. Make me an offer on this one.

North Creek Music Systems Borealis Unlimiteds. Very nice two way monitors using top quality Scan Speak drivers. Cabinets were built by North Creek, solid oak front baffles. Also comes with Target (the audio company, not the store) speaker stands. $900

Audio Concepts Internation (ACI) Veritas Center channel. Their top of the line semi-active center channel. Woofers were powered with an EQ section to better balance the speakers for their different placement heights in the room. Great sound. Very large and heavy in Rose Walnut finish. $900.

Onkyo P-304 pre-amp. I think around 10 years old. Wood side panels, one of their nicer pre-amps. I use to use it with an Onkyo M-508 Grand Integra amp. $75

Audio Alchemy Dac In The Box. Well regard little external DAC from years back. Made a big splash when it was introduced. Has headphone output added to it. $65. With box, manual and AC power supply. At one point I ran it off batteries but I think the battery PS I built for it is long gone.

Audio Alchemy DTI. Audio Alchemy's original jitter buster box the Digital Transmission Interface. Also the only one that stripped SCMS for those that could use that function $65. Both the Dac In The Box and the DTI for $100.

Yamaha DSP-1. Yamaha's original DSP music processor. With remote and manual. Make offer.

ADA SSD-66 Dolby Digital processor. Have original box but not the manual or remote. Might have the manual on PDF somewhere but am not sure about that. It is the bottom component in the link below. Make offer

http://www.ada-usa.com/SSD-66_5.1_Main_Page.html

Fosgate Model 5 processor. Fosgate Audionics old all analog processor. Very minimalistic, good for adding basic surround to an existing two channel system. Well regarded in its day. Has a very simple ambiance mode which can work nicely on music. Also has DPL and Fosgates propritary surround modes for movie watching. Like many of these old Fosgates its remote is fairly finiky with regards to range/aiming. If you teach a learning remote from it it isn't an issue. Make offer.

I need to go through and check out what other things I have down there. I think there is a DBX Source Route Selector, a Niles matrix switcher, an Advent Model 100 Dolby Noise reducer and probably a few others things.

Pictures available on request. For more info on anything feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

Digging around some more I have a pair of bare Altec 902 drivers with

NO diaphragms. These were out of a pair of Model 14s so they don't have

back covers or the rubber ring around their magnets, just the loading

cap. Those parts are available from Great Plains Audio as are

diaphragms. $50 for the pair.

I also have Altec 811b horns and a single green 511b if anyone is interested.

Couldn't edit the original post but I dropped the Lex. to $500 and the Veritas to $700.

Shawn