ebay CUSTOMSTEVE

colterphoto1

Pair of nice RB5's just sold on ebay for $195, I'd just logged on and didnt' have time to get a big in.

If anyone knows how to contact custom steve in virginia, there;s a pair of industrial LS for sale at $800 that are in his neck of the woods. The auction expired around 9:30 tonight est.

Michael

Michael, I thought you were going to quit? 2.gif

I'm almost as bad. I need another Dynaco SCA-35 like I need a hole in the head. Well I must have needed the hole. The Dynaco was too good a deal to pass on with the original Dynaco EL-84s.

To paraphrase the Kinks:

" I got it,

You got it ,

She has too,

Acute stereophilia desease."

Rick

Thanks for the heads up Michael, I am really not wanting to spend that much on a pair of LaScalas. I'm hoping the ones in NJ we talked about wont get bidded way up before the end.

I have a 35 x 65 Dairy barn converted to a horse Stable / work shop. I want to put a system out there so l have something better than the boom box I am presently using.

the speakers WILL go out in the barn so I can't justify spending a ton on them.

If anyone has any ideas on what to use for my barn set up, start posting away.

Do you think I should start a new thread "Build my barn system"???

Hey If we were useing the "NEW" Forum I could just have Michael retitle this one.

Steve

Steve, to keep budget down and sound quality up, why not shop for a pair of Cornwalls. They'll shake the barn down and probably set you back less than a pair of LS. Unless you can come across some mechanically okay beater LS. Bet we can make this happen for $400.

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the help. are you sure you want someone else buying Cornwalls, I thought you was trying to get the ALL.9.gif

Does the Cornwall give out deeper bass???

My reasoning for looking for the LaScalas was its a fully loaded horn, and...... I was thinking they might be more suited for the barn.

I guess I will start looking for a beat up pair of cornwalls or Lascalas.

I know there is alot of receivers that would run these speakers better but I will be using my old Sony STR-1090. But hey i guess that giving it barn duty is better than in a box in the closet duty.

Steve