New TV in the House. 52" Mitsubishi WD-52528...

kenratboy

...just got it from work, had it in stock for less than a week. Mit's new LCD RPTV (cannot do DLP due to rainbows), has EVERYTHING you could imagine.

Before, we had a 32" non-HD Sharp tube and it was weak. My mom thought 52" would be too small (I said NO!) and I was right. 52" is HUGE.

Plugged in a OTA antenna and pulled in PBS HD. WOW! Absolutly stunning. 'Digital' TV stations are very nice (Fox and CBS, the two we really watch, look better than DirecTV just being in digital)

Also got the new Denon 1720 at the same time. Very impressive, but you can see the limits of DVD when you look at HD.

DirecTV, for the most part, looks like sh!t, but is acceptable. Just waiting for the new satellite and boxes to become available (end of year?)

Overall, BIG change and we already have the sound system to match.

Going to play with Fifth Element SUPERBIT tonight after I do a quick and dirty calibration with the THX video optimiser.

9.gif

Oh, and the 32" Sharp goes to me now.

I'll let you in on a secret that my Mitsubishi Rep told me just last Monday.

The LCD Projection TV's that Mitsubishi has the exact same image quality as the DLP TV's do. Only the LCD's do have better color accuracy. The only advantages in his opinion that the DLP's have over the LCD's is that the DLP's have the 8 format media card readers and protective accrylic screen on them from the factory. The LCD's do not include the screen, it is an add on accessory. The LCD's are about $500 cheaper than same size DLP.

Glad to see you like your Kenrat, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind my asking?

Check your PM.

The only thing I don't like is you can see some of the LCD 'grid', but that is usually on low quality shows where there is not a lot of detail. On HD and DVD's, it gets a lot better.

Some of the stuff on PBS HD looks STUNNING. Even digital TV reception (even non-HD) looks great as well.