Heresy IIs, can you unscrew the case?

Kriton

I didn't get any feeedback on my question regarding the best years for heritage speakers in the home theater section...except an insightful post about magnets, thank you Gil..

No answers to my request for best heritage years, or best crossovers, what is up with the MDF v. Birch (when did that happen) or much of anything else...

SO I will ask here this one small question...can you unstrap a Heresy II speaker? From what I have seen the fronts AND the backs are glued, how do you get to the crossover, take the woofer out? Does that give enough room for taking out the crossover?

Thanks,

K

(WHy doesn't the e-mail subscribe function work anymore?)

you can not open the front or back on a heresy II. there is really no need to. all the drivers can be taken out the front. the crossover will unbolt from the back panel. the best years for heritage is every year. all of them are great. i think the E-2 was the best network for the original heresy. the heresy II network didn't change since 85 from my knowledge.

----------------

On 8/23/2005 8:10:17 AM Kriton wrote:

I didn't get any feeedback on my question regarding the best years for heritage speakers in the home theater section...except an insightful post about magnets, thank you Gil..

No answers to my request for best heritage years, or best crossovers, what is up with the MDF v. Birch (when did that happen) or much of anything else...

SO I will ask here this one small question...can you unstrap a Heresy II speaker? From what I have seen the fronts AND the backs are glued, how do you get to the crossover, take the woofer out? Does that give enough room for taking out the crossover?

Thanks,

K

(WHy doesn't the e-mail subscribe function work anymore?)
----------------

Your questions have been answered many times on the forum. Search the archives. There is no "best year" for Heirtage or best crossovers. To learn the plus and minus of various speakers and crossovers, try first looking through the archives. It's all there. Then ask a more direct question and you'll get quick answers, just like above on the Heresy II.

I can't answer your email subscribe question, probably something to do with the upcoming server switch or whatever Klispch is doing this weekend.

Sorry, I lost track of that.

I believe all H1 were entirely plywood. All H2 are MDF at least on the sides were there is veneer. Some speakers of the times had plywood faces and, maybe, backs. Perhaps the H2 also.

I don't know about butt joints. I can't imagine that MDF birch would have a butt joint where the MDF is exposed.

Attached below is a flyer on the H2. It is a large file because I wanted to avoid compression, which ruins the photos. What I see is a birch veneer with mitered edges. It is difficult to make out even on the original.

Check the products section of the main page of the website. You can find info on the H2 and when it started. If that isn't there, see when the H1 ended.

Gil

Thanks Gil, I appreciate your time. You ahve been the most helpful on this subject and i would like to recognize that...thanks for trying to upload the flyer, that would have been great, but I understand the timeout issues. I am just not crazy about MDF, certainly not over the birch ply.

And I did search the archives, but I didn't answers to my specific inquiry, without wading through apparent pages and pages of nonsensical argument about heritage versus reference, esoteric placement comments, sensitivity white papers, etc. The search function is not as dynamic as I would hope, and I am sure I would get blasted for four separate threads asking more "specific" questions all about the same thing, yes?

Of course it would have expended as much time if you would have weighed in to answer a few of the questions, and gain my eternal appreciation and support, then to tell me to "search the archives", but then again my cup is half full, how is yours?

But thanks for your suggestion and response at any rate.

K