best way to secure copper logo to decorator Heresy?

Daddy Dee

I'm winding up a refurb project on a pair of decorator Heresys. Wondering what the best way to secure the copper logo to the front.

Double bonded foam tape would seem not to be an aesthetically satisfactory solution, because the logo plate would not be flush to the cab face.

Is hot glue the way to go?

Any prep on the front of the cab?

Also, I've noticed, I think, that the logo plate is placed between the tweeter and top of the cab, from the factory.

That looks a little crowded to me. I was thinking below the woofer cutout would have a graceful look to it.

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Hot glue is not a bad idea. There is two ways you could mount the logo.

1) Put hot glue on the logo and just stick it on. Advantage: If the finish of the cabinet is very smooth, you will be able to take the logo off later, without damaging thh cabinet. Downside: The logo might fall off once in a while, requiring you to glue it back on again.

2) Use a stanley knife or a rasp to scratch the surface of the cabinet where the logo is to be placed. Do the same thing to the rear of the logo plate. Then apply hot glue and make sure your press the logo on really tight for a minute or so. The hot glue will run into all the little scratches and grooves you have made and by that "lock it´s jaws" into the surface. Advantage: The logo plate should be in place for a long time. Downside: The obvious. The cabinet will be scratched...

Nick

Double sided tape of the non-foam variety. I use a product called Hermafix to stick photos in albums. It is very durable, leaves no residue when peeled off, and sticks to any clean SMOOTH surface.

You could go to a local trophy shop, they adhere metal plaques to wood frames all the time and have a very thin, very strong two-sided tape. Could probably talk the folks out of 6" of that for your project.

Michael

I recently used a bit of Gorilla Glue to affix a copper logo to Mark's new Belles. Held 'em in place with blue tape until set.*

*Until the glue sets, not until you get a SET amp. Besides, I think you already have one of those, right, Dee?

----------------

On 8/23/2005 9:40:33 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

"I've never had to cement rubbers on"

Michael----------------

Which reminds me of an Aggie Joke.

The sign said "condoms - $5" But when the Aggie checked out it was $5.19. "What's the nineteen cents for?" "Tax, said the clerk." "TACKS! --YOU CAN KEEP 'EM!"

Sorry, but Mike started it.

DR BILL