La Scala angle opinions asked.

nightrider

I got the La Scala home in a driving rainstorm, miraculously unharmed and dry. In concert with my Eico HF-81 integrated amp they are makeing beautiful music. My question to you Klipschophiles out there is, At what angle do you think these speakers(that I have wanted since I knew of their existance) should they be situated. Cheers, nightrider

I had a pair for years, squared in corners about 11 feet apart. Then I toed them in a bit and it didn't make much difference. Then I put them along the long wall 18" apart and aimed at 45 degrees towards the listener, to simulate Klipschorns. Wow! These speakers image as well as KHorns! Try 'em wide apart and aimed straight at you. You won't believe it! The lead vocal sounds dead center, as if coming from a center speaker. The speakers simply disappear.

yep as stated too: "Wow! These speakers image as well as KHorns! Try 'em wide apart and aimed straight at you. You won't believe it! The lead vocal sounds dead center, as if coming from a center speaker. The speakers simply disappear."

And You decide where to make em just right to where YOU are on YOUR couch... And not what the room dictated! Very cool effect IMO!!

Thanks gentlemen, I know that with as small a time experincing my "babys" that I could rely on you for excellent suggestions. What a great site this is, and what a entirely incredible experiance KLIPSCH LA SCALA has turned out to be!! I am listening to the Gladiator soundtrack now, I must get a DB meter to tell the clean, clear, beautiful SPLs my La Scala are generating from a 14 w/p/c vintage Eico HF-81, MAGIC IN MY HOME is all I can say. CHEERS, nightrider16.gif