Better sound from Heresy than Klipschorn

reznil

The first schematic is what I use in my personal Heresys. I tried the simpler mod shown in the 2nd schematic and preferred the first. This is interesting, because technically they do the same thing: reduce the output of the squawker and tweeter an additional 3db without shifting the crossover point. They sound diffferent, but shouldn't.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"...Man, you guys are really freaking out...A person who prefers a "crisper" sound could well prefer the Heresy because of it's tonal balance..."

Here, here. I totally agree with TBrennan. I have heard Khorns and Heresy speakers in the same room on the same system. The Heresy speakers will sound "crisper" because the crossover in the Heresy runs the tweeter "hotter" with respect to the other drivers in the heresy than does the Khorn. (Don't you folks remember all the discussion about changing the tweeter filter connections in the Heresy to reduce tweeter output and make it sound more like the other Heritage speakers?).

Now, go back and really crank the music. The khorn will boogey when the Heresy starts to shrill. At lower volumes, I prefer the heresy (except for the lack of bass).