Making a home theater.

iXtreme

Hi, we are almost at the time when we get our new house. I am finishing the basement myself as I do that sort of thing as a second job. I am wondering just how thumpy/booming a sub woffer will be when placed directly on a concrete floor. It's a 10" 100 watt downfiring and in my living room it sounds great, but in an environment with concrete underfoot how will it perform? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

Why do you like playing around with my little scope of reality?

I can feel it all start slipping away.....

See but I don't get it, don't you think maybe we can put it on credit?

I get stupified. It's all the same...

better, the concrete walls help retain and focus the sound waves, but if it is boomy now, it will appear more so and you may have to adjust the frequency equalization, I would think that your main speakers will also benefit from the solid walls ...

------------------

horns, tubes, subs, leather couch & female vocalists

Concrete floor,great for subs and low end.I would love to have a solid concrete floor in mu music/HT room.

The bass energy is not absorbed like with wooden floors.The bass shuld improve,unless the acoustics of the room are very bad.If the acoustics are ok then your sub sound sound cleaner.

Often room acoustics makes a sub sound more boomy then it is.

Just experiment with placement,you should find a good compromise of output and definition.

TheEAR(s) Now theears