what amps and pre/pro are you using

rich0372

I have been extremely happy with my Rotel 1095 and RSP 1066 with my KLF-20's. Rotel offers a lot of amp and performance for the money....IMO.

I had a Rotel 1080 200x2 for the mains I did like but, seemed to be a bit bright at louder levels I would go back to Rotel but, I also what to keep my options open I think it's going to be between the Rotel 1095 and the B&K 200.5 is the B&K warmer sounding than Rotel? Thanks Rich

Just my opinion again, but the brightness at louder levels is probably the speakers. I had my crossovers upgraded by DeanG here on the forum, and the difference is amazing. The slight brightness I had in my KLF-20's at loud levels is now gone. I have always loved my 20's, but this upgrade took them to a whole new level. Highly recommended. Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you decide....it's your ears that matter anyway.

I have been extremely happy with my Rotel 1095 and RSP 1066 with my KLF-20's. Rotel offers a lot of amp and performance for the money....IMO.

I had a Rotel 1080 200x2 for the mains I did like but, seemed to be a bit bright at louder levels I would go back to Rotel but, I also what to keep my options open I think it's going to be between the Rotel 1095 and the B&K 200.5 is the B&K warmer sounding than Rotel? Thanks Rich

Just my opinion again, but the brightness at louder levels is probably the speakers. I had my crossovers upgraded by DeanG here on the forum, and the difference is amazing. The slight brightness I had in my KLF-20's at loud levels is now gone. I have always loved my 20's, but this upgrade took them to a whole new level. Highly recommended. Just a thought. Good luck with whatever you decide....it's your ears that matter anyway.

I had my klf30s and c7 crossovers done by DeanG also. It definetly was an inprovement Right now I'm using a Earthquake cinenova Grande 3 for the front 3 channels this amp sounds really good. It has 300wpc with a slightly laid back high end. I was toying with the idea of replacing it but, I think maybe I'll keep it.I think I'll get a killer amp for the mains maybe a Rotel 1090 2 channel Does any on have a 1090 with Klipsch?

Rich,

Kathy Mason has a Rotel 1090 on RF-7s and loves the combination. The RF-7s are very power hungry IMO and big amps can fully satisfy the hunger.

I use a Sunfire Signature stereo amp (625x2) on my RF-7s. The benefit of so much headroom is the ability to accurately follow a difficult impedance curve and not clip. Such amps are not usually need on big Klipsch speakers for the sheer volume of output, but the high current capability is of benefit.

Bill

I am currently using Adcom components and so far I am pleased with the performance. For the Pre I am using the Adcom 860 II and the amp is the Adcom 7607, although I feel at the moment the 125 x 7 is sufficient I will eventually move to a more powerful amp. I am currently running a 7.1 channel setup with an RW-12 and running at 20 -db the system has a very pleasant, detailed sound quality. In the 6 channel stereo mode when I listen to music, the sound is clean and detailed as well. As mentioned above I will eventually move to more power to bring out the true detail of the Reference 7's that I know is hidden within that wonderful cherry cabinet.

Hi Rich,

I am now running an old Sonograph amp through through the pre-outs on my Denon stereo reciever. It sounds OK at lower volumes and it is much better than the 100 watt rating on the receiver. Once there was a 250 watt Carver hooked up in place of the Sonographe and it sounded MUCH better but it was on loan and had to go back.

Really I am anxious to try a Crown Pro amp because from what I've read numerous times it works quite well and has good control over the woofers of my RF7's.

Rich,

Kathy Mason has a Rotel 1090 on RF-7s and loves the combination. The RF-7s are very power hungry IMO and big amps can fully satisfy the hunger.

I use a Sunfire Signature stereo amp (625x2) on my RF-7s. The benefit of so much headroom is the ability to accurately follow a difficult impedance curve and not clip. Such amps are not usually need on big Klipsch speakers for the sheer volume of output, but the high current capability is of benefit.

Bill

HOLLY SMOKES MrMcGoo 625x2 I'm running 300wpc now can't imagine that doubled How many amps is that amp pulling from the wall when mine is cranked it's at about 5 amps Rich

My entire system, including TV, both Sunfire amps, 59TXi receiver/processor and RSW-15 never seems to draw more than 4.2 amps off of a 20 amp circuit. In standby it draws about 1 amp.

The benfit of the Sunfire amps is that in addition to the headroom, the high number of output devices allows you to stay within the device's linear output zone and deliver any needed current.

Bill

The system's amps do not draw much current just to bias the output devices. The Sunfire amps run cold.as a reult of Bob Carver's down tracking power supply. It is explained on the Sunfire site if anyone is interested.

Transients do not usually register on the power center. Transients are measured in miliseconds timewise. The power center has a bit of lag-time before a change registers. By that time, the transient has passed.

The subwoofer's power supply also draws very little current. It does not need heat sinks either. Conventional amps usually have heat sinks and may even have a fan. My Pioneer has a huge chimney type heat sink. The Sunfires draw less power for a given level of output than most amps and do not require heat sinks or a fan.

Bill