Child put small plastic toy in subwoofer

Gunthr

I have had my Klipsch 4.1 ProMedias for about a year, and I absolutely love them.

My problem is that my daughter put a small plastic toy all the way down the throat of the opening where the air comes out in the subwoofer. I want to unscrew the back and get the plastic farm animal out.I've no idea what it looks like inside the box. Is this advisable? I'm afraid to play any bass for fear that I might damage it. Please advise.... thanks.

Gunthr

well, that would void your warranty. there is a site that has teh sub cut open so you can have a look inside... anyone on the BB know where that is? if you open it, it should be pretty easy to get it out though, but i would wait if the warranty is still good.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Very easy(but beware,in no case will I be accounted for any damage or injury)use common sense here...

Oh yes www.gamersdepot.com has a review of the Klipsch and they show the inside of the sub!Check it out!

Just unplug the sub,yes the AC too.If you dont you may/will get a nasty wake up call from the AC.

Be sure to set the switch to ON after you unpluged the unit.This will discharge the capacitors,lesser risk of electric shock.

Well what are you waiting for?

Get a philips(cross)screwdriver and remove all the screws at the edge(NOT any other ones!).

After this is done gently remove the panel,it it does not move you may need a spatula to lift the amp plate.

Be careful the amp plate contains all the amplifier circuits(the amp itself).

Doen now?

Good(hello BUZZZZZZZZZ noooooooo LOL)

As you can see the amp is conected to the woofer(s)...

Now you can remove the toy from the port...since the port.

Now put back the amp plate and use the screwdriver...dont torque the screws too much...its MDF...not tank reinforced material.Again common sense is good here...LOL

Congrats

That is it.

Now how to install a grill on the port...well another day.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Here are the direct links to...

Sub interior pic(after amp plate removal)

http://www.gamersdepot.com/rev_graphics2/klipsch/sub_guts.jpg

And the amp plate,as seen after removal

http://www.gamersdepot.com/rev_graphics2/klipsch/amp_crossover.jpg

See the two black cylinders?These are the main capacitors,dont touch the leads below or ZAAAPPPPPPPP

OUCH

LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

how the hell did anything get in there? the ports internal opening is leading towars the sub's roof, unless u turn them upside down hehe.

just unscrew them, make sure there is no stripping of paint to the screws then u will be fine.

------------------

BA735 USB

Promedia 4.1

SBLive 1024 Digital

No problem,its always good to help.

And you are right Splinter care should be taken when removing the sub plate.Screws are "painted" black,if there is any serious problem under the warrantry and Klipsch sees the screws were removed then the warranty may be voided!

Go slowly and you should keep screws in perfect shape.

Keep screws in perfect shape...LOL

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears