Conrad Johnson & La Scalas

Beverly

Did not try Conrad Johnson CAV50 with any Klipsch speakers.I can tell you the CJ amps work wonders with hoarn loaded speakers.

Smooth,detailed sound,never agressive.Very realistic sound for live recordings.Brass instruments have bite,very impressive.

Try the setup,you may even like it too much.CJ and Audio Research gear is always a great match for Klipsch speakers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Beverly, I own LaScala's and for a while my amplification was a CJ MV-55 and PV-10 combo. The CAV-50 is essentially those two products partnered together. I have to say the results were very special. The smooth, musical properties of the CJ are a very good match for the LaScala's. Unfortunately I am one of the afflicted that never keeps gear for an extended period of time. I miss the CJ sound in my system and one day may buy the same gear again. Keep us posted. Joe

Thank you for your responses.

I now have a set of La Scalas on trial for a month.

Joe

As you say you change equipment frequently have you tried any SET amps ? I am currently running the La Scalas with Decware SET amp giving only about 1 1/2 watts. Sound is ok but I wonder if it could be improved upon with CJ CAV50 ??

Also I am only using an old Marantz CD with them at the moment & I think this may be letting the side down bit.

Thanks again

Bev

My last post didn't seem to work..I'll try again !!!!

Thanks for your responses

I now have set of La Scalas on trial for a month

Joe

As you change your equipment a lot have you tried any SET amplifiers ?? How would you compare them to the CJ stuff ?? I am running them with a Decware amp at the moment.

Regards

Bev

Beverly,

I have a pair of K-horns...I have not tried any CJ equipment, but I have tried the Decware SV83M signature monoblocks (which I am returning). I loved the sound of the Zen/K-horn combo but the Zen's just didn't have enough power for me and my listening room.

I am now auditioning a pair of VTL Tiny Triodes (25wpc triode mode, 45 wpc tetrode mode, switchable) and they have PLENTY of (triode) power and sound good to boot!

------------------

Ed W

Beverly, I have tried them with SET. I was using an Antique Sound Labs MGSi15dt for about a month on an extended demo from a friend of a friend. It sounded nice but it ultimately did not have enough power to handle all of my listening needs. The CJ will sound warm and full with natural bass and a sweet treble. It will be extremely listenable and you should have no worries at all. I am curious to see how you like the cj in your system. The CAV-50 is a great product from a company known for making very musical gear. Joe