Riser dimensions

mowntnbkr

I copied these measurements off the forum a while back.

Heresy speaker angle.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

They are designed to match the Heresy cabinets exactly. They measure 12" deep, 14" wide, rear height 5/8" front rise pitch 2 3/8". They have floor glides in each corner. They are recommended to optimize the incredible sound delivered by Heresy speakers.

Leonard

This brings another question to mind.

I have not made my risers yet and I am wondering if these are screwed to the bottom of the heresy or does the heresy just set loosly on top of the risers? I hate to make holes in the bottom of my heresy's but am concerned that there might be a possibility of them tipping back?

Leonard

This brings another question to mind.

I have

not made my risers yet and I am wondering if these are screwed to the

bottom of the heresy or does the heresy just set loosly on top of the

risers? I hate to make holes in the bottom of my heresy's but am

concerned that there might be a possibility of them tipping back?

Leonard

I am also considering making my own heresy risers. But I don't want to

attatch mine so I was thinking of making them a tad bit deeper and use

a larger piece of wood on the very rear panel to create a nice elbow

for the speakers to rest in. Do you understand what I am saying?

I was thinking about putting a stop on the back also. If that doesn't work, I will fasten with screws.

One good thing about having them tilted is you can't put anything on top of them. in our house, It seems that everything that has a flat top, has somthing setting on top of it. Either accidently or on purpose.

Leonard

Thanks for the dimensions, I am going to make some from some spare oak I have lying around my wood shop.

Lenardi,

Ya, I know exactly what you mean and I think it is a great idea. It seems almost a shame to put holes in them especially in my case since they are brand new.

1995 Heresy II risers are not the same dimension as the speaker cabinet. I don't think the old Heresy risers were either but I can't verify that.

Measurements from my Heresy II risers...

14" wide, 12-1/8" deep, 2-1/2" tall in the front, 3/4" in the back. Width-wise they are centered under the speaker, set back about an inch from the front or actually flush with the rear of the speaker. And just to complicate things for you, the front edge of the riser is actually angled to match the angle that the speaker ultimately winds up. They are screwed in.

Having said all that, I don't think the angle or dimensions are critical. A lot depends on where you'll be sitting and how you're using them. I wouldn't screw them in either. At least not at first. Try a little sticky tack or thin foam gasketing to hold them in place until you decide that you like them.