Speaker Decision

wired05

I'm extremely confused after looking at all these different speakers, but I went into Tweeter the other day and the guy there recommended some speakers and said he could get me a deal.

I have a Sony NS400D DVD player and a Sony STR-V444ES Receiver. It does Virtual 6.1 but uses a 5.1 speaker set up.

This is what he recommended to me, I'd like to get your opinions on the speakers and the prices.

Klipsch RF3 fronts - $499.99 a pair

Klipsch RC3 center - $214.99

Klipsch RS3 surrounds - $305.98 a pair

Klipsch KSW10 subwoofer $349.99 (10")

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer $499.99 (12")

=====================================

TOTAL (w/ 10" woofer) $1453.21

TOTAL (w/ 12" woofer) $1612.21

These speakers are part of the Reference series.

Please let me know what you think so I can make a decision because the prices won't be good for long.

Thanks, Ian.

EDIT: Everything is part of the Reference series EXCEPT the subs they are Synergy.

This message has been edited by wired05 on 09-25-2001 at 06:47 PM

get the bigger sub, better yet get two of the bigger subs, and make sure that you can listen to the system at home and still get your money back, that is the best test, the speakers look good, I don't know about the prices, but the Reference series is Klipsch's top of the line except for their big old Heritage boxes ...

------------------

horns, tubes, subs, leather couch & female vocalists

Great choice of speakers RF-3's will bring you quality sound,punch and definition at a down to earth price.

The center and sourrounds are also nice choices to round the system.

Now some things NOT to do...

DO NOT TAKE THE KSW10,this sub may only look similar to the KSW12 on paper.The fact is this sub is much less defined,around 30Hz is much weaker.

I have the KSW15 and KSW12 and I had the KSW10 at home to test.The KSW15 and 12 have some good definition(in this price range)and give a nice solid impact.Very tuneful and dare I say even musical if set up the right way in the right room(should never be cut high).

Ah to the KSW10.LOL

The KSW10 could be good with Klipsch Quintets,even I used the KSW12.The RF-3's would not gain from a KSW10 much.The KSW12 should be the minimum sub you get.

Output,bass quality the KSW12 is the real deal here.

TheEAR(s) Now theears