KG 2 Tweeter Damaged?

fgarib

Hello All,

Just wondering about something. I pulled out this pair for use in my HT after a few years. For some reason the right channel's tweeter doesn't seem to work. Actually, let me correct that. The sound from the right speaker is very boomy / bassy and very little highs coming from there.

I pulled off the grill and put my ear to the tweeter, and from the best of my ability, it seems like no sound is coming from there.

All I have done so far is re attach the cable behind the speaker, and that did nothing. I haven't had time to try the wires connecting to the amp (switching them, putting the right channel in Speaker B, etc.) I just panicked and wrote to you guys.

I don't know if this means anything about the frequency, but both the meters (R and L) on my Mcintosh Integrated show the same levels.

Will mess around more with it after work. Meantime, if you can think of anything, please let me know.

Fauzi

After you double check everthing and find the tweeter is bad, order a PAIR of diaphragms from forum member Bob Crites (the new ones don't match well with the old ones, so get a pair).

If you don't want them to die sometime in the future, a 211-2 automotive dome lamp wired in series with the hot lead to the tweeter is cheap insurance.

They are small enough and light enough that it would probably cost less to have Bob mail them to you than for you to get them locally (he could also send you some of the 211-2 if they are not locally available).