iGroove

mcf

Anyone know when the new iGroove will be available? What about the cost?

I have been researching the iFi vs. the Bose Sound Dock. The iFi seems to be the better product overall, but I was concerned about all the wires and components. (i.e. It seems like it takes up a lot of space and has wires all over.) I liked the simplicity and small size of the Bose, which does sound pretty good in my opinion. (I've heard a demo of the Bose...have not yet heard a demo of the iFi but from what I've read it appears to be much better.)

But now with the iGroove it appears I can get Klipsch quality in a smaller, simpler unit. Thoughts? (I'll be using this in a fairly small room...13x14...so I don't "need" the absolute best technology, but would prefer it if all other things were equal))

KilpschiGroove.jpgHmmm coming sometime this month....dual

2.5-inch fiber-composite woofers, dual 1-inch tweeters and a built-in

iPod dock for $279.99. The appearance looks a lot better then the

Bo$e Sound Dock. Interesting it excepts other MP3 players and

satellite radio receivers with a included adapter! I'm pretty

sure this unit will be louder and clearer by a mile then the Bo$e Sound

Dock. Heh Bo$e might have to lower their price, wouldn't

that be awful! :-)

Oh BTW the iFi is in totally different league then the iGroove,

although it has more wires and needs more space it is a real speaker

system with superior sound clarity and dynamic range,

I grove looks to be better than te bose by a mile, but the iFi is still light years ahead. Ya, there are 4 wires, but consider that you can place the speakers 10-20 feet apart - that gives you some real sound stange and stereo abilities that the other two can only dream of. Factor that in with a dedicated subwoofer that puts anything bose ever designed to shame, well you got a hell of a system. I'm certine if you heard all three systems in a row, you're concern about wires would vanish in seconds.

It's for a small room so I'm sure the sound quality will be fine. (vs. the iFi...and vs. the Bose)

Because of that, the small size, fewer wires, etc. is important to me.

Does anyone know if the iGroove will charge the Ipod while it's in the dock? (the Bose does that...)

You got your wish but it's not the iGroove. Recently announced

the Klipsch iJam is a portable system that includes an iPod cradle, FM

tuner, dual 4.5-inch woofers with coaxial mounted tweeters, and a

passive radiator on the rear of the unit that runs on either batteries

or a ac adapter.

post-18477-13819271712188_thumb.jpg

You got your wish but it's not the iGroove. Recently announced the Klipsch iJam is a portable system that includes an iPod cradle, FM tuner, dual 4.5-inch woofers with coaxial mounted tweeters, and a passive radiator on the rear of the unit that runs on either batteries or a ac adapter.

[Y]The iJam looks fantastic. I hope they make it compatible for my cd player, because I don't have an ipod. [:(] I definitely need to replace my old sony portable system. The bass and the sound quality sucks on it.

I hate the fact that most of those portable or ipod made speakers

actually charge the ipod. There should be an option not to charge the

ipod everytime you dock it in. Maybe a switch or so. Because remember

all rechargable batteries have a cycle life. The ipod is 1000 full

charges. Though the fat is many people will dock the ipod 3 or more

times a day and that it charges the battery to full. I am a strong

advocate of letting the battery die since it prolongs your battery life

for more then one year.

I hate the fact that most of those portable or ipod made speakers actually charge the ipod. There should be an option not to charge the ipod everytime you dock it in. Maybe a switch or so. Because remember all rechargable batteries have a cycle life. The ipod is 1000 full charges. Though the fat is many people will dock the ipod 3 or more times a day and that it charges the battery to full. I am a strong advocate of letting the battery die since it prolongs your battery life for more then one year.

Actually it's Apple that has the charging requirement for "Made for iPod" products.

I wasn't sure about this, so after I read this I called my brother-in-law. He's a battery engineer. And I asked him.

He said engineers prefer to talk about battery life in term of energy throughput, not charging cycles, and although the battery may be rated for 1000 full charge cycles, you will get many more charging cylces from a battery that is not fully drained (memory effect not included, but this is Lithium Ion batteries we're talking about here, which don't have a memory). So I asked, "If you only dischrged the battery 20% each time, could you expect five times the number of charging cylces?", and he said "Yeah, pretty much."

Where is the iGroove available in New York City? Your web page lists "Urban Outfitters" as a place to buy it, but I went there and it's a clothing store. (And a search for "Klipsch" on their web page comes up empty...) Best Buy? PC Richard? Any further info?

• Moderators

I believe Best Buy is the only dealer who has it at this time.... It's still in early distribution stages.

You'll have to call them to see if your local store has them--I'm sure they received a limited quantity and not all stores will have them.

You will also be able to get it from our webstore within the next couple of weeks.

Is 65hz to 17khz reproduction of 128 kb MP3s via tiny 2.5 inch

speakers truly "audiophile"? I don't see any new big

floorstanders in either the Reference or Heritage lines, but we'll have

an ample supply of small plastic radios ala Bose. I predicted

this long ago on these forums when John Carter came on

board. Now all we need is the requisite Paul Harvey

advertisements and our journey to the Dark Side will be complete.

Is 65hz to 17khz reproduction of 128 kb MP3s via tiny 2.5 inch speakers truly "audiophile"? I don't see any new big floorstanders in either the Reference or Heritage lines, but we'll have an ample supply of small plastic radios ala Bose. I predicted this long ago on these forums when John Carter came on board. Now all we need is the requisite Paul Harvey advertisements and our journey to the Dark Side will be complete.

ya well, did I thought the iFi raised the bar on the ipod speaker systems, but all it did was put itself in a class that not many people wanted to try.