Waiting on Sony 42" Grand Wega

Rsoxfan

Holy roller!

After untold hours of looking for a TV stand I like, then more hrs of contemplation/design, I went to work this weekend in the driveway under a 20' x 10' tent (dang I want a garage) building my custom TV Stand.

After a 12 hrs Saturday, including picking up most of the lumber and a couple other things, and 6 hrs Sunday (interupted constantly w/ phone calls and yard work) I only have my stand about 60% complete...

I still need to build the drawers, apply two small peices of trim, then allpiy stain and poly.
I hope to have PICs up soon.

btw, the Sony is supposed to be delivered today... and here I am at work to pay for it... maybe I should have taken a sick day so I could finish the stand, LOL

btw II, I want some real wood working tools in that garage also... all I have to work with is a cheapo skill saw, a cheapo router and a nice new brad gun & compresser

in my opinion nothing beats a home made entertainment center

I agree, even though it's going to take me quite a bit more work, I still want to have it finished by Saturday...

BTW, I got the call yesterday!

My set was delivered last night so between that and the light rain (I have to do all my work on the entertainment center outside) I took the night off. I set-up the 42 in my tiny "Men's Club" room (10' x 14') with seating a to close 5' connected to a cheap ole sony HTIB system with my old polk monitors and center channel in-place of the useless tiny speakers that came with it.

I popped in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" followed by U2 "Go Home"... What a hoot! I "almost" wish I'd have left the set in the box until I finished the stand because it's going to be real hard to stay off the couch with this set.