Waiting on Sony 42" Grand Wega

Rsoxfan

Our biggest right now is a 27" and the picture is perfect especially after I calibrate it with the AVIA disc.

While playing a widescreen movie it measures diagonally 24" so when we eventually get at least a 42" we should be floored at the difference and will have to watch most our movies again.

You will love it.. I have the exact same TV and I am watching the Dirt Devils right now playing Toronto on NESN with my Comcast HD and it is superb! Add to that Dolby Digital 5.1 surround and you got yourself a sweet little system to watch the Red-Sox and the Patriots go ALL THE WAY AGAIN!!

...another member of Red-Sox nation here, just in case you couldn't tell.

ph_120903.jpg

http://ad.doubleclick.net/click%3Bh=v5|32f2|3|0|%2a|a%3B19634946%3B0-0%3B0%3B5693571%3B2321-160|600%3B11695483|11713379|1%3B%3B%7Esscs%3D%3fhttps://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/fan_forum/sod_form.jsp' target=_top>

I just bought the new Sony Kdf e42a10 it wont be in until next Wed. Nothing to do but sit and play the waiting game.Rite now I have a 32" panasonic tube tv, I think it's a vintage 95 or maybe 94, so the sony should be a vast improvement

I bought that exact Sony...

It was to have been delivered yesterday (Mondya, 9-12-05) but I got a call Sunday and they said it was "Back-ordered" with the new date would be Monday 9-26-05. They said that Sony had not anticipated just how popular this set is already proving to be...(BS? I've called around and it seems that several stores in the area have either very low or no stock)

Anyway, I still have a bit of work that NEEDS to get done around the house before I can even get started on the construction of the custom stand I have just about completed the design of so I'm ok with the delay . . . so far :\

btw, we're still getting by with an old 27" Trinitron that also measures a meger 24" diag when viewing 'wide-screen' so I expect the differance will be very dramatic.

I live out in an area where TV reception is poor, so I already had Comast cable and Comcast internet, so it was a no-brainer for me to upgrade to Comcast digital HD TV. I get NESN and all that good stuff. I donb't get the HBO, that would be even more. Luckily I get my company to pay for the internet piece of the service.. so I only pay the other $50. Not cheap, but worth it for the great Hi Def programming.

Ya im sure i will end up going that route just for nesn, but for now i will have to settle for the over the air signal till i can talk the girlfriend into the comcast hd.Suprisingly it was hard enough to talk her into the tv. But I figure after she watches a couple of those Gilmour Girls episodes or whatever in hd she will change her mind [:)]

That sounds great. I recently upgraded from a 10 year old 27 RCA to a 55 Grand Wega LCD. Oddly enough the wife was the one that insisted we go with the 55, I was thinking more in the 40-50 range. Shes also the one that strongly suggested we spring for the 7.1 rig. Why pull the cable and not hook it up? I had no answer for that one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Find a store and tune into, I think its called Sunrise Earth. 30, or so, minutes of landscapes and ambient sound. Jaw dropping stuff. That alone should get the Comcast guy over soon!

Enjoy when it arrives. Hope your watching Discovery HD Theater come October and not the Series [;)]

Cards magic number as of 9/14, 2

I put mine on this TV stand from Racks and Stands. I put the surround in the top shelf, just below the TV. Works really great. I got the optional glass doors for the front of the two lower shelves.

http://www.pbase.com/stevel1949/motorcycles'>

The stand I am going to be making will be 48" wide x 26" high x 16" deep with

3 - 15" wide x 6" high, full depth drawers for cd / dvd / junk storage along the bottom,

and a 45" wide x 16" high opening with an adjustable height shelf for the center channel, AVR and related equipment with the tv sitting on the top... I have looked at a ton of stands in person and about 1,500 PICs of differant stands on the web before deciding that I will enjoy it more if I build exactly what I want