RC-3II Crossover Setting, Horn "Raspy" during playback of certain TV Shows only???

Tim_in_NC

Hi all,

I'm still fine tuning, tweeking my current setup...

I had previously used my older KV-1 Center but recently purchased a Mint RC-3II ... The sound from the RC-3II is great...

The only minor issue that I have with my current setup is that during audio feedback from certain TV Shows (via Digital Satelitte) the Horn on the RC-3II seems a little "Raspy" ... not sure if this is the correct description... Primarily only when someone is speaking...

The "Rasp" isn't noticed during Dolby Digital or DTS playback... only lesser quality TV show audio...

Is this simply that fact that these very efficient horns are now showing me some of the imperfections in the lesser quality recordings vs. my previous Dome Tweeter Center Channel?

Music and Movies and almost flawless...

I also wanted to run by my current AVR7300 settings to ensure this is close...

SPEAKER SETTINGS:

I have the Center (RC-3II) set to SMALL, the Mains (RP-5s) set to LARGE, & the Rears (RF-3s) set to LARGE...

CROSSOVER SETTINGS:

I've been playing with the center (RC-3II) settings @ 150 - 200 Hz & have all the other speakers set to 80 Hz ...

I may be being a little picky, but just looking to Fine Tune as much as possible... [:D]

Thanks everyone,

TIM