Klimo OTL mono blocks

stewartwen

I can't help with the schematic, but I can testify to the sound of that amplifier. I heard a system with the Klimo monoblocs in an audiophile's home in Taiwan. His room was purpose built for his Khorns and the sound was incredible. Musical, detailed, all the cool reviewer words.

As I recall, this gentleman was an importer and distributor of dietary suppliments from Germany. Whatever he was doing, it funded his very expensive and exotic audio system.

You can use this link which shows distributors of a wide variety of hi-end audio. Klimo is listed.

http://audiotools.com/k.html

Thanks Bob, I had never listened to the Klimo OTL amps before and the bass drive is just gut wrenching. I hope to listen to a pair of K horns with them shortly..............

But they run very hot, makes my Crown DC300A feel positivly cool! I have listened to a number of se valve amps which sound very thin and weedy in comparison. Although the Klimos have a reputation for killing themselves, I have nothing but praise for these units.

I have nailed a picture of one of them to this mail. I dont run them without the grille, tooo scary.

s

post-17108-13819271453176_thumb.jpg

I think you're gonna like what you hear with the Khrons. I sure did. I remember that the system in Taiwan heated the very large listening room, but there was no way to tell if it was only heat from the Klimos. This system was one of the more elaborate I've ever heard. It looked more like a high end audio store display than a single system.

Another memorable thing, this gentleman had a HUGE collection of Chinese teapots in the same room; covering most horizontal surfaces. If anybody here knows a bit about these teapots, they can be amazingly costly. I expect the pots cost more than the hi-fi and that was certainly over $100,000

• 18 years later...

Dear all,

Did any of you manage to find a schematic or draw-up of this OTL-150 amplifiers?  

I found a set of these with EL-36 tubes in them.  I have been to a gifted engineer who almost read the inners of these to check them for me.

After thorough read and measurements with the neccessary tools they were switched on one by one through a variac.

A few parts were changed to see a more reliable state.  one 6LU8 alt. tube collapsed but showd a small crack in the glass so air must have gotten in.

Using a 6LU8 from the other amp and realigning again helped. the amp played music on the test bench.

I am collecting NOS tubes now to have some stock here and I will get a grip on all soldering which takes time but has to be done.

If anyone has a schematic or mod-list, please let me know.

Thanx in advance.

MarioGert

Klimo OTL-150 EL-36.jpg