Harman Kardon AVR 7300 front speaker hookup

stewartwen

Hi there I have just received the HK AVR 7300. On speech this amp is very neutral although I have a rather odd speaker rig......................

I would like to know how I attach a stereo line out to drive my Crown DC300a triamp/ATC SCM35A front left and right system. Do I have to disconnect the left and right speakers from the amp output. I spoke to Harman UK and the main pre out does not seem to work............

This has challenged my rather limited brain, although the manual seems very poor instructions for this application. Hope you can help a cerebrally challenged Brit!

S

Since your Pre Out is not working you may be out of luck. My amp is hooked up to the Pre Out and I am not sure of any other way to do it.

The 7300 is a powerful unit and a popular brand as well. Just out of curiosity what kind of speakers are you running?

.........Welcome to the Klipsch Forum

I am not sure if this is what you want, as tri-amping involves using a crossover and driving each pass band with a separate amp - and in the case of tri-amping, 3 pass band with 3 separate amps.

Perhaps you are referring to using the stereo speaker outputs to drive 3 separate channels of program material in a L-C-R (bridged center channel)configuration.

If this is the case, perhaps this will help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Regarding manufacturer support...

Why should we expect a manufacturer's manual to publish these instructions, as the manufacturer does not support* such a configuration , nor the liability that comes with it! It would be crazy to do such a thing! 'Unsupported' doesn't mean that it will not work! It simply means that you are on your own!

*Support refers to having tested and certified the functionality of the configuration in all cases! And that they will warrant its proper functioning.

post-17103-13819271563476_thumb.png

Hi there Speedball and Dragonfyre, many thanks for your replies. Speedball here is my surround rig;

HK DVD 31+Pioneer dvd of uncertain heritage, but it works.

HK 7300 suround amp/tuner power output Oh my God its damn loud.

centre l/s Tannoy DC1 a pair in series!

main L and R ATC SCM35

Triamped using a pair of BSS FDS 360 and three Crown DC300a pwr amps.

centre left and right a pair of Creek Epos M22

rear Usher 520s

Bass bin using a pair of Richard Allen 15 inch units in a common 1/4 wave horn. This bin is of medium size, 6 foot by 18 inches by 24 inches, and runs flat down to 13 hZ!

cableing from Black Rhodium, includes all mains wiring run from an isolated spur from the fuse box via its own independent electrical supply.

TV is an old Toshiba black stripe 28 inch ( superb picture quality)

All I need to do is get 775mv per channel to drive the actve crossover units and these will in turn drive the amplifiers and in turn they will drive the ATC drive units. Thanks Dragonfly for your time in setting the drawing out. I had come to the same conclusion this afternoon. I saw the email a few minutes ago. I also am going to try to incorporate my Hi Fi front end into the system. The main l/s system has been tried and tested over 15 months and sounds awesome, not as much slam as a pair of Khorns, but these are as rare as rocking horse teeth in the UK. I can only dream of a pair of these, a shame really as my living room is large enough to drive them and I have no nieghbours!!!!!!

I also have a broadcast standard Beta cam video recorder which I dont use enough because tape costs are very high.

Thank you once again for your help.

The distributors of the HK equipment in this country do not know how to hook up my main l/s so I am at a loss. Maybe I should try unhooking my temporary Acoustic energy ls and then try the pre outputs?

My brain has just shut down.

S