price for cornwalls

Peter01

I'am thinking of buying some used cornwalls. What would be a good price for a pair that are in good shape ( at least a 8 on scale of 10). I have a pair of RF-5 and I enjoy the way they sound however, I want a bigger sound more punch. I listen to mostly rock (Led Zep, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, etc) Are the Cornwalls the speaker I'am looking for?

They regularily come up for sale on eBay and Audiogon. A typical price would be $600-800. This depends on condition and finsh primarily. The Shipping costs/headaches should also be considered.

In the early 80s the CW went through some changes and became the CW2. Both before and after this; however, there were some incremental changes within the each series. These included included slightly different dreiver/horns, crossover mods, and orientation of the horns. Although these changes would alter the sound, they will all have a fairly similar sound (more similar than dissimilar).

I did want to mention that if you are patient, you can get a deal on these. In my case, my good fortune was due to some very kind and conscientious members of the Forum who scour all the local papers and classifieds and share the info with the rest of us. In my case I was able to get a pair of mid-1980s Cornwall 2s (oiled oak in very good condition) for only $400 (located in about a one hour drive). I have benefited from the kindness of these good Forum members.

Good luck,

-Tom

I've gotten a couple pairs for $500, but they were beat up, very long drives, or terribly lucky finds. Tom has it right. $600-$800 for operational pair in fairly good shape sounds about right.

And they do ROCK! The only other Klipsch speaker I've heard about that rivals them for solid punch would be the KLF30 or RC7. But I like those big boxes and horns!

Michael