RB-3's as SURROUNDS???

Underhanded Penguin

That sounds like a good combination. Both the RF5s and RB3s can be matched with the RC3 if you used either of them as mains. So I don't see why RB3s can't be used for surrounds with RF5s. Using that combination should give you a timbre matched sound.

I believe Theears is using the RB3s as surrounds with RB5s and an RC3 for one of his setups. Maybe he should comment here and tell us how that sounds.

------------------

-Paul

AMD T-Bird 900

Asus A7V

Micron 256 MB PC-133

IBM 30 GB 7200 rpm ATA 100

Pioneer DVD-105 Slot-Load (16X/40X)

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP

NEC MultiSync M700 17" (soon to be Sony G420S 19")

SB Live! X-Gamer 5.1 (soon to be Audigy Platinum eX)

Receiver: Kenwood VR-409 (soon to be Denon AVR-2802)

Speakers: Klipsch Quintets (5 sats + center)

Sub: Sony SA-W305 (soon to be Sunfire Junior or Carver Knight Shadow)

THX Paul. I was also wondering the advantages and disadvantages of having bipolar surrounds (RS-3) and regular surrounds (RB-3). I know that in theory bipole gives you more ambience, but regular gives you more localization of effects. Wanted to know what somebody thought first hand.

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

Sorry for the late answer here Penguin,today my "high-speed" internet is as fast as a 14.4 dialup! LOL

Ok to give a fast answer YES the RB-3's are great sourrounds for the RF-5's.The speakers match very well and the output is plenty.RB-5's would be ideal(identical drivers,almost)if you get a deal on it.

I am sill waiting from my RF-7's and RC-7. Frown.gif

When I get them I will use the RF-5's as sourrounds!And the RB-5's will serve as the second sourrounds,now the RB-3's?I think I may get some Yamaha top of the line reciever and use the RB-3's as front efects! LOL

Cant wait,this combination should bring me to dynamics wonderland and with class.Next are probably two RSW15's.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I wouldn't expect anything less than 2 RSW-15's from you Theears... Smile.gif

So you don't see anything negative in not using bipole surrounds? BEcause I like ambient sound effects in movies and I was just worried the directional nature of the RB-3's would make the effects too localized. If you could make a comment on that it would be great!

Lemme know when you get the RF-7's!

Thanks for your input dude.

-UP

------------------

I love you Aki Ross!

LOL

Yes nothing less then TWO(yes 2)RSW15's!Uh that is if the RSW15 is what Klipsch says it is. Smile.gif

Ok if you prefer difused sound then the RB-3's may not be your cup of tea.While the quality,detail is all there its not difused sound like the dedicated sourround speakers.

If only said I like this setup because I like the precision,I dont like too much the difused sourround sound.Its just me.

In this case try the RS-3 II's,you may prefer them to the RB-3's for sourround duty.

TheEAR(s) Now theears