Help with mounting/placement for RC-7 center

mm07

All,

I am currently waiting for my klipsch reference set to come:

RC-7 center, RB75, RS7 surrounds.

Now I have a problem.

Can anyone give me help or advice on where can I put my RC-7 Center.

Man, this speaker sounds awesome, (but it is HUGE in size, as well as sound).!

I plan on using this with a Plasma TV on a tv stand. (no wall mount)

So where can I put this monster speaker?

On top of the TV is obviously out.

Ok, so that leaves on the shelf beneath the TV. HOWEVER..

This speaker is 12inches tall. A full foot.

I am looking for a TV stand with shelves that will accomodate it, but

everything I see is 10inch shelf height or smaller at best buy, circuit

city, etc..

So, this leaves purchasing a center channel stand... but I do NOT want to do this, for several reasons.

1) I have a 20 month old son.. nuff said.

2) It will be in the way

3) It will block access to the stuff beneath the tv. xbox, DVD, etc..

So did anyone else experience similar issues fitting this large speaker into their environment?

Can anyone recommend a good TV stand that will house it?

Or any other ideas? (please don't say wall mount)

Thanks in advance,

-Mike

How big is the TV? I am currently using a Bell'o rack model AVSC-2103. I have seen this on clearance at a few locations for about 60% off, which brings in down to 280.00. Very nice 4 shelf unit (glass), which will accomodate most TV's up to 43", and I was able to load the RC7 on the 2nd shelf. You would need to drop the speaker in (from the top) before installing the top glass for the TV. Only drawback is you cannot put on the grill, which may be a problem with a 20 month old son. Or depending on how many components you have, you could just leave a shelf off, and that would give enough clearance to be able to put the grill on. The drivers of the RC7 are almost a perfect match to the wood trim on the Bell'o rack. Take a look at my avatar.

How much space in the rear do I need for the low freq to escape?

Will I have problems if I put it into an entertainment center with like a foot of space behind it? What about 6 inches?

I am asking because I haven't bought the entertainment center yet.

Have you kept in mind that you may want to angle the speaker up a bit? That will change the size of the opening that you need. A fellow forum member reminded me of that before I placed my center speaker.

His simple suggestion to me was to use a couple of rubber door stops (from Home Dep*t) under the speaker. When placed correctly, you can't see them (buy dark ones!)

Keep thinking outside the box - like kelA did. I couldn't find a unit to fit my C7 center (similar in size). Then I just took out the second shelf under my TV stand and placed my C7 (similar in size) on the first shelf. Looks great and fits great. With it angled up a bit, it sounds as good as placing it on top of the TV (although I had to move it forward and backward on the shelf to get the distance just right with the mains).

Unless you are placing the center speaker in an enclosed back entertainment center, you shouldn't have to worry about the rear port.