RW12 Volume Control

par_600

I have a setup consisting of RF25 fronts, RC25 centre, RB3 surrounds with a NAD T773 receiver and recently purchased an RW12 subwoofer.

I used the test tones on the receiver to balance the speakers including the sub and everything sounds good on music and movies. The volume control on the receiver is usually set at about -30 to -20dB for normal listening.[8-)]

With the sub channel level set to 0dB the volume control on the RW12 is set to the 2 o'clock position ie about 70%. Is this normal? If I had to set the volume on an amplifier to 70% to listen at normal volumes surely this would be a sign that something was wrong.

That is close to what I set mine at; receiver's sub- or LFE output

level at 0 db, volume knob on sub at about 1 o'clock. I will

occasionally adjust it up to about 2 o'clock for movies, sometimes down

to 12 o'clock for certain music. Bottom line is that if

that setting sounds good/balanced to your ears (not overly bassy or

boomy), it is fine; at the 2 o'clock position, you are far short of

overdriving the sub's amp.

We were testing the RW-12 in our place the other day, My roommate just got one for 300 bucks! No box, but brand new... I think it was stolen to be honest, lol.

It hits pretty good, about on par to my old PB12-ISD. The isd did shake things more at the 20hz zone, but the RW had just as much punch. However, the SVS build quality is vastly superior and honesty the RW-12 looks tiny next to the PB12-ISD and it feels light after lifting the SVS as well, but the Klipsch drive looks way cooler than the IDS driver and if you get a decent discount, the RW-12 is a lot less money when you factor in shipping on thoes SVS's.