jay how is the iFi sales going?

Im trying to sell em too at compusa, but we dont even have em on display. We're gonna change stuff around and try to make room for em. My suggestion was to get rid of the crappy sound sticks which are hooked up to the G5 and hook up the iFi's directly to it, with an iPod too! Which would show people how it can be used for both applications. Also, matching the iFi with the G5 is a no brainer.. 3000 $ computer should get the best speakers, and the iFi is also a matching silver.. common, how easy would it be to sell the iFi with a G5 if they were hooked up? People would have to be deaf not to buy em.

thoughts?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I manged to push some 2.0s today, but no iFi.

:(

Also I forgot one thing. Apple stores are bound by product placement. I

could not move items around cause I felt like it. The iPod accessories

yes, but there were some general rules. The hardware like computers and

speakers, no..... Cause those spots are like advertisements on newspaper were you know you pay more the better the spot.

In my store I sold all Klipsch speakers with ease as long as the cutomer had the $$$ to buy. [:)] Many Klipsch 5.1 Ultra sets.

Customers send me more customers and often these have deep pockets and buy 2000-6000 computer systems.Back a few years I was selling mostly VideoLogic speakers(Sirocco Pro and Crossfire)with my higer performance PC's.

One couple was interested in a portable ipod system, I talked em out of the bose with ease, but I could not talk them into the 2.0's because they thought they were too big. I guess compared to the crappy im3's they were... which by the way ended up being the system they bought (180 bucks!)

I then tried to talk them into some headphones if they were serious about the weight and they would not have it. In my opinion, there is no case where the im3's could be of any use to anyone! I mean for 180 bucks + light weight = headphones all the way. If you want to share your music, have it portable then you're living on the wrong planet, or you need NOT be a ***** (sorry for language) so you can carry some 2.0's which... for crying out loud, hardly weight ANYTHING.

I'm still learning how to sell, but compusa displays SUCK, and people just dont know very much about what they want or need.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

one thing you have to understand is some people do not have room nor

the money for certain speakers. You need to understand that you must

not insult the customer but rather guide them to the various choices

that your store has. show them all that your store has to offer and

they have the choice to buy one. You can give your opinion on which you

like but ultimately it is the customer's discretion. The im3 are

battery operated too so some might like the fact you can take it to the

picnic, or beach or something and not wear headphones. What I find

disheartening is the fact that you come here to blast the fact that the

customer did not want to use your method of headphones. Did you think

of the method of use described above? And besides if that person

belives in spening 179 for the im3 then let them. It's their money, not

yours'

. What I find disheartening is the fact that you come here to blast the fact that the customer did not want to use your method of headphones. Did you think of the method of use described above?

no insults, the only complaining i did was here. I only mentioned headphones once and they said no and that was the end. I push things as hard as i can but i never force or insult people.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

HOWEVER, I may complain about it later as I did here.. from time to time. I hope thats ok with you, but I figured since we are selling similar stuff, we could share experiences.