Is rotel considered bright?

divin11112000

I have a reference setup all 35 series, with an rsw-15. I'm currently using an pioneer vsx-d811s for a reciever till I can save up for seperates. The dealer where I bought my speakers is moving locations and they are having a sale. I use about 60%ht the rest of the time it's non critical listening, just more having the radio or cd's on while hanging out around the house.

I'm considering buying a rotel amp, but I don't want to get an amp that's goign to be too bright for the Klipsch. Furthermore would the RMB-1095 be worth the extra price vs the RMB-1075. I am still going to be using the pioneer for a pre-amp and to run the other 2 channels for 7.1 I don't know if anyone uses pioneer & rotel for a combo (probably not).

The 1095 has the balanced inputs (which I don't have but when i get rid of the pioneer I will probably have) and it's 200watts x 5 instead of the 1075's 125 x 5.

I read through a number of posts and it seems like rotel is a good amp. I also know trying it in my own home with my speakers is the best way to go, however if they are doing this big sale, i'm not so sure they will want to return/exchange (they are listing up to 50% off some items not sure if the rotels are some of them i'm hoping they are).

I don't feel that i HAVE to have an amp right now, but if I can get a good deal I don't want to wish that I waited and bought something else. They carry other products also, but it's doubtful they are running a sale on a Mac or Classe 5channel amp that i can afford.

Thanks for the input

Chris

I personally believe that Rotel (and Parasound) are perfect for Klipsch from the Quartet/Forte II/Chorus II series and forward. Bright? ... they actually tend to tame the top end of more aggressive tweeters. Are there better? ... I am SURE there are, but dollar for dollar, you are pushing the value envelope. Don't ignore the pre-amp/processor either. They have gotten MUCH better/affordable over the last three years or so. Some people have reported (hum) issues with the 1095 and electrical (grounding??) requirements... something I never experienced personally, but I would make sure you can try THEN buy, or have a liberal return policy. You can probably count on needing a 20amp circuit however.

If you can afford it go with the 1095. Better more powerful

amp. You will be able to tell the differnce when you play loud

multi channel music or movies. I have a 1095 and it is not brite

by any means. It is a very good amp for klipsch because they are

dead quiet. You can't go wrong. Plus they are a very good

company to do bus. with. Very good customer support. I

never had a problem but I have wrote them emails and they were right on

top of things.

O ya I also have a 1090 in my system to make 7 channels, so I do like rotel with my klipsch.