BEST HOOK UP FOR KSW 15 SUBWOOFER?

AMCCATMAN

I just bought a used Yamaha HTR-5540 Reciever and a Klipsch KSW 15 Sub and Satellite speakers but did not get a manual for the Sub to hook up the Sub and Satellite speakers, and was wondering if the Satellite speakers get hooked up to the sub or the reciever. Thanks, Steve

1)Your receiver has a subwoofer pre-out. Use RCA cables to hook up the receiver to the subwoofer. The satellites should then be hooked to the high level speaker outputs on the back of the receiver.

- or -

2)You can also hook the subwoofer to the high level speaker outputs and then hook the satellites to the high level speaker outputs on the subwoofer.

Method #1 is generally preferred.

i also was wondering how to hook up my ksw-15, so thanks for the help

as well, but i was also wondering why is method 1 better than the

second method - aren't they essentially the same thing? and is it

possible to do both at the same time? as in, attach the rca to the

pre-out as well as send the high level speaker outputs to the subwoofer?

There is only high level inputs to the sub for the front main speakers. So doing this would only add bass to mains. Leaving the center, surround, and .1(lfe) signals from dvd void.

dont mess with the high level inputs. Your reciever will handle all the bass management. Just hook the sub up to the Yamaha with an rca cable. Set your speaker sizes, and set subwoofer to yes in the yamaha's menu.

alot of newer subs dont even have the high level inputs anymore.

I have my sub hooked up the sub output of my Yamaha too but there's one catch with my system. My Panasonic F87 dvd changer has a much better prologic II decoder but apparently it won't send any bass to the reciever when the main speakers on set on large (I'm running homemade khorns). When playing back a dolby digital dvd it works fine. The prologic decoder built into the Yamaha reciever (model HTR-5130) has a terrible decoder. It creates noise and distortion and the Panasonic decoder exhibits non of these characteristics. I bought the Pana because of the built-in dvd decoders which my Yamaha is lacking. Otherwise my Yamaha works great-no complaints.