Receiver for Synergy series?

sinnergy

I have the Synergy Series B-3, C-3, F-3, and the Sub-12. I was

wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for which receiver to go

with(Kenwood, Pioneer, Yamaha, Onyx). I bought some monster

cables from Target, are there any other special cables I should

consider?

Welcome to the forum sinnergy [:)]

It depends on how much you want to spend and how big your room is. I am a fan of Denon receivers and own three. I also have yet to hear a bad review of HK receivers with Klipsch. Those are the two brands I would look at first. IMO, If you are looking in the $500 range, you are going to get more bang for your buck in used or refurbished merchandise.

What's your budget? .... not that I think it matters.. you've made the most significant decision already, when you bought the speakers.

I matched my Synergy F-3 system with the Pioneer VSX-1015TX-K ~$500 or less here in US and I am VERY pleased with the performance and sound filling my 23 X 13 foot cathedral ceilinged room. You'll also get many suggestions for the Denon and Harmon Kardon products. They both have excellent reputations. Also, think about the Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver, a low priced all digital receiver getting very high praise from some circles.

Some folks here can also point you to some good deals on refurbed HKs that you can get for low money and get a lot of receiver.

It would be good for you to think through all the options and features that are important to you. You will prolly want to have lots of switching capability and also support for all of the latest DSP protocols. Do you also need multi-room speaker functionality? That can cost more and some people don't need it, some do. Some other features, like IEEE 1384 support are really nice to have to keep the signal in the digital domain and also minimize the number of cables in the back of your system, but it is usually available only on the more expensive units.

PS The only thing monster about Monster cables, is the profit the stores make selling them to you. Making good connections is important for the safety and maintenance of your electronics, but you can do the same with many other much more reasonably priced cables and connectors. Try Blue Jeans cable, or some other less "highly shrink-wrapped" high pressure sales gig.