What no rear Projection tv should be without......

Rsoxfan

Mike, Does that 'boost' the signal from the cable?

I have ahd a heck of a time with Comcast...

the first 'tech' couldn't properly set up the cable card. he used some lame excuse that once he programed the card and contacted theoffice, my service would take about 6-12 to work....

the second tech admitted that he didn't know how to do it and said he would schedule another sevice tech to come out and take care of it....

the third tech showed up and got it working but within a couple of days I had problems...

the forth tech decided that my cable card needed reset which he did and showed me how to do... simple enough but the problem persist!!

the fifth AND sixth techs were out yesterday and decided that my problems were caused by a weak signal. they replaced the Tap at the pole and ran new cable from the tap to my house, installed new grounding blocks and ran new cable in my craw space to the outlets.

Guess what?

Yep, I STILL have problems... (screen goes 'mosaic' as if signal interferance exists)

WTF, Over? Overall I am very happy with the RPTV, I just think maybe the 'cable-card' is the proplem!?!

Im too cheap to get digital cable, but with Comcast when you plug your hd tv in using just the basic cable you pick up quite a few digital and hd channels. Which is great until you go back into the normal channels and try and watch a program. The picture was all grainy and looked washed out. Then I added the signal booster and what a difference the hd channels are vibrant now and the normal channels look to be digital quality.

hmmm, interesting....

I had 'digital' cable even before I got the new tv so I was already able to pick up and watch everything except for the HD channels.

Where in the system did you install the booster? Does it incorporate a built in splitter?

My cable incounters a splitter just as it enters my house, one going to the living room where the new RPTV is and the other going to the old 27" in 'The Mens Club'

I may just have to run by Circuit City and pick one of these up to see if it helps.

I seconds Mike's recommendation for this booster. My broadband modem recently started having problems staying connected. I tried everything including running new coax. Only when I connected this boosted did my problems go away. I haven't had one problem with a dropped broadband connection since. I'm not using it for cable TV so I can only comment on the improvement in data performance.