klipsch, you should read this:

Got the Klipsch Igroove today... <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Preface: I was looking for something to have in the bedroom for misc. music listening. I did not have very high requirements.

Impressions: The design is sheek. Very modern lines and materials. It is very stable. The iPod slides in effortlessly.

My music library consists of anything from Dave Matthews to Deftones to Jazz, ect... The highs where good to acceptable. The lows were not good with audible vibrations as bass. The overall music experiance is fair. The remote works well. It would be best to have the EQ preset for all of your songs. I am considering returning is for the Altec Lansing. Unfortunately, it does one thing really well, look good in my bedroom with my U2 iPod cradled in it's arms.

Later on in another post

Update: Within 5 hours of owning, I returned them and got the ALtec IM7. This setup is much much better. In comparison, the ALtec makes the Klipsch Igroove sound like an alarm clock radio. I'm very happy with the IM7 and the remote is alot more functional with true ability to increase/decrease treble and bass. Well built and you have the ability to take it with you outside or camping.

I have to agree, the igroove does not best the im7 at all, and since its more money, it doest hold good value. The im7 is GROSSLY overpriced for what you get and for someone to admit that its a lot better than the more expensive igroove should be a wakeup call!
common, the pm 2.0's are better speakers and are only 99 bucks! Why is the igroove a dime more? Klipsch, you should have done something more substantial with the igroove, its not like it even has to run on batteries like the im7. You should have kicked it *** with some 4 or 5" woofers and a big amp. I mean for 270 bucks, you could have done a lot more than just two 2.5" midrange drivers. This was very unklipsch like. I have always felt Klipsch has high value, but not in this case. Stop trying to pull a bose!

You guys know I love klispch so I hope this helps in some way in the future. I have my fingers crosses for the iJam!

In a post in 2 Ch. I had made a quick but snyde remark about I-Groove receiving so much attention on the Klipsch front web page, and the re-release of the Heritage series being barely noticeable at the bottom of the page.

I still wonder about this. The I-groove is a 2nd rate accessory, nothing but. My 16 year old son and I went to Best Buy and checked it out. He is the big I-Pod fan in the family and he did not like the I-Groove either. Sorry, but this true. You don't want to hear my comments on the sound, but they echo what's been reported.

Why not take the loser product to a smaller add, and bolster the add on the Heritage? Right now Klispch is simply wasting space. Sorry once again.

simple economics. If you make speakers that more people could afford

opposed to a select few who is going to have more profit? Maybe that is

why rolls royce and bentley were brought out by mass productions

companies. Or maybe that is why Ford owns aston martin, jaguar, and

range rover instead of the other way around

not that many people will buy heritage opposed to the i groove. Simply

people will look and laugh and say i can get a bose system for the

price of the heritage speakers. And you know what the bost

advertisement works, they buy the bose.

I dont want to preach to Klipsch, but ya, I think they needed to embarrass bose, not stand next to them despite the prophets from the iGroove. Yes Bose makes a KILLING on each sounddock sold, but you cant play with them unless you play thier rules and Klispch does play low-fi rules. Anyway, the iFi rocks and it looks like the ijam is gonna kick tail too so thats all good.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not agree more, I am really bummed about my iGroove. Love the looks, and initially I thought the sound was acceptable but after owning it a month, the bass vibration seems to have gotten worse. It sound like an old car stereo where one of the speakers has been blown? It kills me to change great songs midstream but that's what I am forced to do because of this bass/vibration/blown speaker sound. Has anyone else experienced this? What is Klipsch's return policy ( I bought from Best Buy)? You ask me I think Klipsch made a boardroom decision to rush this prodcut to market because they were loosing profits to Bose...$270 for a rattle machine for blown sound? I feel ashamed, I was so fired up about this product to come to market and now can barely listen.....