They're hosing up my movie room

damonrpayne

Not really any worse than I was expecting. The city told me I HAD to put my sump pump in an inconvienent place but that's nto a big deal. Looks like I will have two places where I have to do some slight boxing around of pipes. I really really should not ***** since this is still going to be a sweet room. As soon as they are done with HVAC and plumbing I'll take pictures to see what y'all think.

well get a good thick dividing wall in there 6" minimum, drywall both sides and fill with sound deadening fibreglass, put a heavy solid top on the sump pit to dampen vibrations, and make SURE they put dampening on the pipes that drain the sump pit, that motor noise will rattle the whole house if they just strap it to the joists.

M

Here's what I'm looking at. I'm going to lose that "L" back there, so it'll be flat wall in the back. I think there will be 2 places where I have to box around a pipe. Its going to look like a picasso painting down there.

Next time I'll get enough land to make the movie room an addition to the house.

post-12530-13819274407954_thumb.jpg

thats cool about your subsoil drainage. Indiana is basically an old woods/swamp. Water table about 1 foot under the surface. Sumps run all the time depending on how house is situated. That's why I was so adamant about it.

Are you going to have pipes bumping out an exterior wall in your basement? Can you describe further, doesn't sound right..

M

• 4 weeks later...

Did you think of turning the "L" into an equipment area and/or storage closet?

I have the same problem, with the sump at the front left of a 12x18 room that will eventually be the HT room (after the laundry room, mud room, kitchen... is renovated) My idea was to hide it under a stage/Subwoofer raised section.