Speaker Stands for SB-3s ??

sire

Hello All

I ended up purchasing another entertainment center and now there is no place except the floor for my SB-3s. Honestly, they actually sound alot better than sitting on a shelf on the old center. I thought about trading up to the SF-3s but when I compared them at the store the sound was not enough of a improvement(mostly a little louder due to better efficiency I guess) for the 200$ upgrade fee. I have dogs that tend to mark territory and am afraid the speakers are going to get claimed soon. Anyone have suggestions or recommendations on speaker stands? What is the best way to mount the speakers on stands? I really do not want to drill holes in my speakers. They may not be much but they are all I have. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Mike

Mike,

I have SB-3s on stands. They are on 24" steel stands that are filled with sand. Need to make sure that the tweeter is at or slightly above ear level, which should guide you on the stands height. A good quality stand will improve the sound. I am using blu-tack to couple the speaker to the stand and it works very well. Check out audioadvisor.com for stands and the blu-tack. Hope this helps.

Paul