JM Peach, HT and sub question.

Gliderguy

Here is the situation;

I have a Peach on the way and that's great. I have a Denon 3805 and a

Denon DVDP for HT. I currently run a Jolida CDP through the 3805 for

music.

I will run the CDP through the Peach for 2 channel and run the Peach in HT mode when doing the DVD thing. That's all clear.

I run the 3805's preouts to a Rotel 1090 amp to power RF7 fronts.

I run the RF7s set to small with an RSW15 sub. I like this for both music and HT the way things are now.

But with the Peach...

I realize the Peach will send everything to the RF7s with no processing, no crossover and no sub preout.

But... I would like to have the option to have the sub in the mix.

How would I accomplish this? Run a splitter from one of the outs on the

Peach to the sub? Run a splitter to the 3805 sub input and use the

3805's xover? Run the Peach's outs through the sub's xover and

then to the amp?

I do realize that there is a good chance I will have no desire to run

the sub while running the CDP and the Peach but I would like the option

- at least so I can make the choice.

Also, if anyone is running a similar setup I would be interested in reading their impressions and suggestions.

TY

GG

Been there - I can help.

First all, nice choice for amp and speakers, coming from a former owner of much Rotel gear (1080, 1075) and RF-7s.

I use my Peach for both HT and 2-channel. Here is how my setup works. My Classe multichannel prepro is for HT (similar to your 3805), and I run HT off of a Denon 2900 - to the Classe pre - to the HT bypass of my Peach. For HT, I run a sub output from my Classe pre to my Sub (an SVS).

For 2-channel, I run a modded Jolida CDP (love the player!!) to the Peach - and then the craziness begins. I actually split both of my Peach outputs multiple times - one output runs both front and rear speakers on the left (Belles in front and Altecs in the rear) while the other Peach output runs both front and rear speakers on the right - and an output to my sub. Yes, sometimes I actually listen to a mirrored front and rear 2-channel mixes with both my CDP or my turntable, and it sounds great!! I run both tube amps and/or solid state amps to my Belles and Altecs depending on the mood and/or music/HT application.

The bottom line is that you can certainly split one of your Peach outputs to send a signal to your sub in 2-channel. Split one of your outputs on your Peach - send one output to your sub (use your active EQ) and the other split to your amp. You can even use a tiny little Radio Shack gold series Y splitter - which works fine.

BTW, I have not heard signal deterioration by splitting the outputs of the Peach multiple times. One of the nice features of the Peach is that if you feel like you need extra output after splitting the output, switch to superloz mode (selection one). I actually prefer superloz mode for some music anyway. That being said, I have also found that the Peach in traditional blueberry mode (selection/mode two) sends a strong enough output anyway - even with the output split many times.

Enjoy. You will love your Peach!!

Carl.

Super. I was hoping you would reply Carl. I have read previous posts of

yours regarding the Peach and saw that you ran RF7s , a Peach and the

Jolida.

You mention splitting one output on the Peach to run the sub. Do you

mean split the right ( let's say) output and route only that channels

info to the sub ( as well as routing it to the amp)? Wouldn't this lose

bass info from the unsplit left side? Ideally wouldn't it be best to

run both R and L to the sub?

You mention using the active EQ. Are you referring to the sub's xover/LPF?

I think I have the general idea but I just want to be clear.

Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of new cabling will be needed to pull this off!

Have you found you need the sub with your JD100 , Peach and the 7s running full range?

Have you ever diagrammed your system's cabling? I am sitting here typing

and trying to diagram your set up and I got lost when I reached the SS

amps and the Tube amps cabled to the prepro and the Peach then connected

to the splitters after the speakers....[;)]

Thanks for the help.

GG

I did some thinking last night and here is what I plan to do.

If there are problems with this setup, someone should let me know. ok?

I will run one set of CDP outputs to the Peach ( there are two sets of analog outs on the Jolida JD100).

I will run the 2nd set of outputs of the CDP to the HT prepro 's CD input.

When running the Peach and the sub I will have the HT prepro on and set

to CD. The prepro will then control the sub as normal - xover, volume

etc. The fronts will be driven by the Peach. If I don't want the sub in

the mix, I just leave the prepro off.

This will also allow me to run the CDP through the HT prepro just as I do now. I will just set the Peach to HT bypass.

Yesss.....It's all becoming clear now....[:D]

Super. I was hoping you would reply Carl. I have read previous posts of yours regarding the Peach and saw that you ran RF7s , a Peach and the Jolida.

Actually, I no longer have the RF7s. I loved my RF7s, but became hooked again on Heritage after hearing Heritage speakers again for the first time in 10 years or so. I tried to keep RF7s as my rears after going to an all-Heritage front, but the RF7s were too distracting in the rear. As a result, I went to Altecs in the rear - and traded my RF7s. Still love RF7s though and after we build our house addition a couple of years down the road - I will be getting another pair.

You mention splitting one output on the Peach to run the sub. Do you mean split the right ( let's say) output and route only that channels info to the sub ( as well as routing it to the amp)? Wouldn't this lose bass info from the unsplit left side? Ideally wouldn't it be best to run both R and L to the sub?

No, you do not lose bass by only splitting one side. Keep it simple - split one side for your sub. Remember, the Peach has independent output level controls for each side so if you perceive some difference in volume between the two sides after splitting one side - just adjust the level on that side to compensate.

You mention using the active EQ. Are you referring to the sub's xover/LPF?

Yes.

I think I have the general idea but I just want to be clear.

Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of new cabling will be needed to pull this off!

Yes.

Have you found you need the sub with your JD100 , Peach and the 7s running full range?

When I was running the RF7s with my Rotel 1080, Peach, and JD100, I did not need the sub. But, then, I would just dial in the sub at 80hz and add it anyway but I like how a sub finishes out the very bottom of songs - even if you are even running K-horns or RF7s or Corns. I also appreciated a sub even more when running tubes with my RF7s. Incorporate a sub into your 2 channel - you will not regret it.

Have you ever diagrammed your system's cabling? I am sitting here typing and trying to diagram your set up and I got lost when I reached the SS amps and the Tube amps cabled to the prepro and the Peach then connected to the splitters after the speakers....[;)]

No, I have not - it would probably cause my head to explode. It has evolved and become pretty complicated. Suffice to say, my Classe pre/pro feeds my Peach (for the HT bypass) - from my Denon 2900. One output of the JD100 feeds to the Peach - and the other to the Classe - so I can run my center channel (matrixed) for music if I want - and to run true matrixed rear (the Altecs), if I want (using my Dynaco Stereo 70 tube amp).

The Peach outputs are the interesting part. One of the Peach outputs I split four (4) ways (including the sub) and the other output I split three ways (without the sub). So, there are some splits to splits in there.

The reason I split so much is because for my front speakers I like the option of running either a Marantz 8B tube amp or my solid state QSC off of the Peach. For my back Altecs, I run another QSC off of the Peach. Switching back and forth between amps is done with Niles DPS-1.

And the turntables are another story altogether. Since I got back into vinyl recently, I am running two different turntables. I feed the turntables into different phonostages, which go do a Niles source selector (along with my HT output from the Classe). That way I can select whether to send vinyl or movies to my HT bypass.

I know that is somewhat confusing, but I hope that helped.

Carl.

I did some thinking last night and here is what I plan to do.

If there are problems with this setup, someone should let me know. ok?

I will run one set of CDP outputs to the Peach ( there are two sets of analog outs on the Jolida JD100).

I will run the 2nd set of outputs of the CDP to the HT prepro 's CD input.

When running the Peach and the sub I will have the HT prepro on and set to CD. The prepro will then control the sub as normal - xover, volume etc. The fronts will be driven by the Peach. If I don't want the sub in the mix, I just leave the prepro off.

This will also allow me to run the CDP through the HT prepro just as I do now. I will just set the Peach to HT bypass.

Yesss.....It's all becoming clear now....[:D]

That is one of the things I like about the Jolida - the dual outputs - and I do something similar.

The only difficulty I ran into was getting the sub output right, coming off of the prepro, when running the Jolida CDP and the prepro was in matrixed music mode. If the sub sounds good coming off of the Denon 3805, when you are in matrixed music or even two-channel +sub mode, when fed from the Jolida - that would be the easier way to go for you. On the other hand, I really like the way the sub sounded (fuller to me) sending it a full range signal - and using the filter on the sub.

Your proposed way sounds easier - if it sounds good - keep it.

Carl.