defective product?

WasWood

is it me or does it seem like there are a lot of defective products for these speakers...... well i have had my 4.1s and i had a problem with my peackers for DVDs the sound is messed up, high volume like the speakers are on really load and the sound is very quiet so the buzzing sound is very high and i was wondering how might i fix this i have a SB live 5.1 X-gamer and i also had this problem on 2 different dvd programs.

So you have your pros set to high colume and your soud card set to low? That is a no no. You should make the output sound from teh sound card high, like 85% main, 100%wave, and then the pros can be where ever the sound is good. If you turn the pro volume high and the computer volume low then you are just asking for hiss and buzz... now, is this ONLY for DVD's? could be your sound card, but if you just put the volume like i said above it should fix it.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I set the volume of the card in Windows to 85% for WAVE OUT,CD,WAVETABLE.And the main volume set to 100%.

Then I adjust the volume on the speakers.

I have a SB Live! Platinum and there is no irritating buzz or noise.Its not as quiet as some High-End sound cards but not too noisy.

TheEAR(s) Now theears