ebay choruses - worth bidding for?

gilbodavid

Gill,

I would like to welcome you too the madness.......... I am also assuming your

in Europe? Chorus speakers are great, but the pricing on this pair , even for

Europe - is way too expensive.

If your limited on space, keep looking, the Chorus, Quartet, or Forte are all excellent speakers

and deliver great sound .

You wanted the hierarchy.

As far as the Klipsch Heritage Series (which is all I'd consider) are the following in order of price:

1. Klipschorn

2. LaScala

3. Belle (BelleKlipsch)

4. Cornwall

5. Heresy

Chorus is a good speaker, but you can get into the Heritage Line for not alot of money. That's why I'd stay w/Heritage.

As far as consensus, people generally agree the Klipschorn ranks 1. There is disagreement as to whether Belle and LaScala (which is a less pretty version as the Belle) outrank Cornwall. Cornwalls are said to have a richer low-end. The mids in LaScalas and Belles are larger than the Cornwall, although all three share the same woofer. The bigger mids in LaScala and Belle, coupled with the box-enclosed woofers, make the mids in those models have alot of punch. Some believe the mids of the Lascala and Belle outshine the low-end too much, making them loud squawkers. You'd have to judge for yourself. I think all these are fine speakers and really deliver.

The Heresy is generally considered to be ranked the way I ranked it.

Now, what you can expect to spend is a new issue. On good condition used products, expect:

1. Klipschorn - $1500-2000 (if you hold out for a good deal, this price range is common);

2. LaScala - $1000-1200

3. Belle - $1200-1600 (only because they are so pretty)

4. Cornwall - $600-800

5. Heresy - I don't know and wouldn't consider it.

What you need to know is I've have seen comments "a plenty," including my own, that we all agree Cornwalls are the best bang for the buck. I have Klipschorns and Cornwalls. I love my Klipschorns and glad I bought them, but they are not 3 times the speaker as the Cornwall. Not even double - but they are definitely better.

As to Chorus, I bought some old used Cornwalls, and my buddy followed up buying some brand new Chorus. I paid $700; he paid $1200. My Corns kicked his Chorus a**!!!! [:)]

Hope that all helps and that if you're looking on the low end for something near what you'd have to pay for Chorus, that you can jump into a pair of Cornwalls for about the same or a little more. Good luck.

Not to start a pissing match over the ranking of Chorus, but I'm not

sure Heresy is "all that." Yeah, it may have been made as part of

the Heritage line, but given the choice of a Heresy or a Chorus, I'd

take the Chorus (and yes, I've heard both in my house). And,

there are probably 50/50 opinions that Cornwall and Chorus are about

equal... :)

Heresy over Chorus or Forte? Not to these ears. I have owned the latter for over 17 years, and their balance, dynamics, and superior bass reproduction leave the Heresy behind.

I often tire of the "red-headed step-child" status that the Chorus-Forte-Quartet series is relegated to by some of the purists. This series had PWK as fully behind them as the original Heritage.

Yeah, I might agree, except I never heard the Heresy. Notice, I didn't talk much about it. Really, my intent would be to stick with Cornwalls on up. I did see a comment by Dr. Who that he thought or heard the Chorus was about 90% of the Cornwall. When I saw that, it made wonder whether my friend's amp wasn't driving his Chorus well. That's the only time I ever heard a pair.