RW-12 help??

brennyE

after running some searches on the rw-12 i have come up dissapointed...

does anyone one have an opinion on this sub? I have gone into my local audio

dealer for a listen and was very pleased with it. If i did purchase it, it would be used for

almost only music, running with my two rf-15's (dont laugh....) and a harmon kardon 3840..

has anyone got any opinions for a better sub at this price range??

any help would by appreciated!

thanks![:D] and yes I love the way the HK sounds with my rf-15's (Although rarely need the 240rms on board ) although this is my first pair of klipsch speakers to be owned .... the ceramatallic cones drew me in!! I have one final question for the night, my audio dealer although happy to give me large discounts never lets me turn anything in store up beyond normal listening lvls... which is fair enough, so I wanted to know how loud the rw-12 can go?? i know the specs say 113db at 30hz but my minimal experience with subwoofers prevents me from knowing how loud that actually is! so the question is will the rw-12 keep up with the rf-15's? or be to overpowering? and help would be great!!!

I have the RF25 and the RW12. I use mine for music and hometheater. The rw12 sounds great and does a great job for music. A little bit of port noise when you go down in the low 20's, however, that would meaningless if you do mainly music. The sub will keep up with them no problem. I am very happy with mine. Depending on what price you are getting the sub at, it will be a very good deal. Regardless, it is a good sub that will keep up with your rf15.

Other subs to look at would be the klipsch sub12, SVS PB10, SVS PB12, and the klipsch RSW10 which are all fairly close in price depending on where you buy. The RSW10 might be better for music, but i haven't had the chance to critically listen to it.

Hope that helps.

Good luck,

Jonathan

port noise at low 20s should be no problem for me as a mainly listen to rock although sometimes i might listen to the occasional techno which sometimes drops very low!! and regarding the rsw-10, that sub would probably be a very good option for me but sadly I live in australia and we miss out on the rsw-10 and 15.[:(]