Listening to your Klipsch on axis....

Pepsione1

I've always been told that there are significant differnces when you listen to your system in different positions. Something came over me today and decide to try that theory and place my speakers satellite on axis with my ear. This made a world of difference and now the sound so much more enjoyable. Everything seems fuller and especially the middle range seemed to have improved. Maybe the midrange really rolled off when I placed my Klipsch just about 10 inches below my ears.

So go head and try this and see what you think of it.

My dad taught me that. When he first got his first system he had his friends maeasure the distance form his speakres to his ears to get teh mathematically best sound positioning! It worked though. I need to do that, i am going to get my friend from Tweeter to do it, he is certified with Lucas films so he should be pretty good LoL!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I hate to say this, but I almost prefer the sats pointing a little inward from my ear, the tweaters can get harsh at high volumes, and the off axis makes it sound smoother. It also lets the sub have more presense, cause it high volumes it can be drowned out by the sats, at least thats how it was on the v.2-400s. I hate to say, the high frequency domination of the klipsch is starting to annoy me on certain tracks, it's perfect for hiphop, and the tweeter does wonders at full volume when playing the sound of a trumpet. But on some tracks, it sounds like the focus of the sound is the low range of the tweeters.

Wow Justin your pal from Tweeter is Lucas THX certified! LOL

Now you will get the full THX effect from your ProMedias!I almost feel ...inferior!

I always toe in horn loaded speakers,the horn is directional and the toe in helps.With speakers like the Dynaudio and Spendor I dont toe in the speakers,the dome tweeter has a very broad dispersion.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I personally think this technique works really well. But these speakers are not as good as I had hoped them to be. (That's why I am getting a headphone setup for better sound.) Anyone have any comments on the soundstage and imaging of these speakers. Am I not placing the satillites correctly or is there just a lack of both in these speakers.

How about a little feedback from everyone. Any improvements in any areas by placing the satellites on axis? midrange, treble,etc.

This message has been edited by Pepsione1 on 10-11-2001 at 06:30 AM

You said

quote:

these speakers are still as good as I had hoped them to be. (That's why I am getting a headphone setup for better sound.)

which is confusing, are they better than you hoped, or did you forget the "not" in there? When the speakers are placed correctly, the sound is totally different. That is when the surround system really starts to sound like it is surround, but it really does not do a lot for midrange and stuff, that is fixed mostly with your EQ. The sound is different, like it is flowing through you or something, it is just a totally different experience when everything is setup correctly.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free: 1-888-554-5665

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I apologize for my mistake. I was tire when I wrote that post and it'll be fixed shortly.

I remember reading something in a magazine about how certain frequencies will be rolled off when you are not placed directly in front of the speakers (or on axis). Especially when your speakers don't have a perfectly (or close to) flat response (which makes it more noticable).

Pepsione1 yopu should listen to Grado and Sennheiser headphones.They are the real deal.

A set of $100-150 headphones will outperform $1000-1500 speakers with ease!

I use the Sennheiser Ovation 565 with my PC at night.

Great headphones,I use them with a Celeste integrated amp.The headphone amp is far better then any soundcard headphone out.

TheEAR(s) Now theears